• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New to Tree Saddles - Question on Aero Hunter Evo Sizing

gehri1tm

I'm looking at trying tree saddles for bowhunting. The Aero Hunter Evolution was recommended to me. I'm 6'2" 210 lbs and usually wear 34 or 35" waist on pants. I'm looking for any advice on sizing for the belt from guys' experience out there. Thanks, Tom

Call New Tribes who make the aero and they will direct you on how to measure properly. Pant waist size is irrelevant. You need to measure as directed on their web site.

I am 5 foot 10 and 200 lbs with a size 36 jeans but use a size 2 saddle based on their measurements. My daughter has a size 1 and no way it would fit me.

Call New Tribes who make the aero and they will direct you on how to measure properly. Pant waist size is irrelevant. You need to measure as directed on their web site.

I am 5 foot 10 and 200 lbs with a size 36 jeans but use a size 2 saddle based on their measurements. My daughter has a size 1 and no way it would fit me.

Thanks Ontariofarmer. I appreciate the help. I'm at about 39" for their page around the navel. Sounding like it might be size 2 for me also. Do you know if it is a big deal if the belt is a little big in case I drop an inch or two in the mid section?

Thanks Ontariofarmer. I appreciate the help. I'm at about 39" for their page around the navel. Sounding like it might be size 2 for me also. Do you know if it is a big deal if the belt is a little big in case I drop an inch or two in the mid section?
I would not worry about the belt . The butt is a little sloppy on me but I think that makes it more comfortable. I think they will mix a size 1 and 2 if necessary but I expect size two will work fine if you are 39 inches.

I would think you'd be a size 2. You definitely want to have extra room in the belt portion than less, especially when your clothes start to bulk up.

I would think you'd be a size 2. You definitely want to have extra room in the belt portion than less, especially when your clothes start to bulk up.

Excellent & thanks for the advice! I'm excited to give the tree saddle a try next fall.

Back