• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New Tribe Champion Saddle

bubba g

Anyone here have any experience with this saddle?

I probably should have asked before ordering, but I like the fact that it's camo, it's light, and it can adjust to a wide range of sizes so I can use it from early fall when I'm wearing my light camo to coldest months when I am wearing my heavier winter gear...

Wondering how comfortable it is, and if there are some worth while mods etc. One complaint I saw in some reviews was that there were not enough attachment points...

I have one that I bought from BassBoys but haven't had a chance to use it yet and have no intention of using it as a hunting saddle. It's looks very well made and designed to me. I'm anxious to do some climbing with it when the weather cools off a bit. The comment about attachment points was probably from people who are using it as a light work saddle or gear head rec climbers. Watching utube vids, it's incredible the amount of gear people hang from their saddle these days.

Why not use as a hunting saddle? It seems to be perfect for it...

You are probably right about it not being hunters worried about attachment points...

Do you think the side loops are strong enough to be used for a lineman's belt?

I have not used one, but most of the people I have seen used saddles not designed for hunting have ended up getting a hunting saddle. The arborist saddles are designed to recreation and working in a saddle, not hanging still for long periods of time. The design is very similar to the original aero hunter design, and the aero hunter has evolved into what it is now, designed for hunters. Hopefully you can make it work for you.

The d rings are definitely strong enough, that's what they're designed for. I have a GW and a Petzl Sequoia, got it for light work/rec climbing and to use in regular tree stands.

I would call them ASAP and cancel and/or arrange a return. I just ordered the upgrade parts to convert my old NewTribe (looks like what you ordered) to the current more comfortable Evo. Yes, it costs more....

I would call them ASAP and cancel and/or arrange a return. I just ordered the upgrade parts to convert my old NewTribe (looks like what you ordered) to the current more comfortable Evo. Yes, it costs more....

Where did you order the parts, and what parts are needed?

Too late for that... tree stuff sent it out real quick... hats off to them.. i think it was on the ups truck within 3 hours of order being placed...

Well ya got it, it's "used" whether you try to sell it right away or not, so I say give it a shot and see how it works. If you like it, great. But even if you don't like it, the good part about that is that you'll get a feel for how saddles work, what you do and don't like, and why. That's really helpful down the road when your looking at other designs.

The d rings are definitely strong enough, that's what they're designed for. I have a GW and a Petzl Sequoia, got it for light work/rec climbing and to use in regular tree stands.

Just got an arborist type flyer in the mail, the Sequoia was like $400+. They had ones over $500. Them tree guys must get paid well. Lol

haha it's an expensive business to be in :). My old company used to put something like $0.30/hr into an "equipment account" and it was awesome cause I didn't abuse equipment so I always had some extra funds to experiment with stuff. That particular saddle though I got for waaaay less than retail ($125) from a friend who was getting out of the business. It has the bosun seat and for the price I figured I'd give it a shot for hunting even though I'm skeptical about it. A divorce jacked up most of last season and I basically canceled this season already to try and hold my family together so there probably won't be any reports back on how it works anytime soon. It's reasonably comfortable the little I've sat in it but the seat needs some work to quiet it down. If I can get the seat quiet it may have some potential.

Too late for that... tree stuff sent it out real quick... hats off to them.. i think it was on the ups truck within 3 hours of order being placed...
You won't likely hate it as is...I still like my Aero. NewTribe will sell just the new EVO seat and straps that replace the leg straps on the Aero. I am not sure if the Evo seat will fit the champion but they would certainly know. The Evo seat kit is $110 and reportedly makes it much more comfortable

You won't likely hate it as is...I still like my Aero. NewTribe will sell just the new EVO seat and straps that replace the leg straps on the Aero. I am not sure if the Evo seat will fit the champion but they would certainly know. The Evo seat kit is $110 and reportedly makes it much more comfortable

Thanks for the info...

They don't have it listed on their site... ill call amd ask about it...

I just ordered the new tribe evo from tree stuff... i'm just gonna return the champion without using it...

Sadly according to the site it's on back order for 1 to 2 weeks... i hope that's accurate... deer archery season is just a few weeks away here...

Back