• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Newb from Austin Tx

Mauidiver

what’s up crew, so glad I found the tree swingin gang with all the skills to me in a tree for next season. Been bowhunting for 3 years on public land at Lake Georgetown where I’ve been blessed with another “Golden Ticket” 21/2 yr old doe which is our first deer to punch before a buck tag is used. Also after aging deer and it’s over 21/2 yrs old, we automatically are in for next season. Only 100 guys allowed. Been a ground blind hunter for three seasons and I think I’m ready to switch my game up to hit the trees. I can barely tie my shoe so there is going to be a huge learning period for me to get this done safely. Thanks for this site and your help. Now to find a knot book. Lol.

Oh yeah, got my first buck this season, 114lbs deer that I’m very proud of. My English bulldog was into this dude. Haha

Attachments

• 4FC82C71-044A-4558-97D3-B7528F6856D0.jpeg
    4FC82C71-044A-4558-97D3-B7528F6856D0.jpeg
    314.2 KB · Views: 34
what’s up crew, so glad I found the tree swingin gang with all the skills to me in a tree for next season. Been bowhunting for 3 years on public land at Lake Georgetown where I’ve been blessed with another “Golden Ticket” 21/2 yr old doe which is our first deer to punch before a buck tag is used. Also after aging deer and it’s over 21/2 yrs old, we automatically are in for next season. Only 100 guys allowed. Been a ground blind hunter for three seasons and I think I’m ready to switch my game up to hit the trees. I can barely tie my shoe so there is going to be a huge learning period for me to get this done safely. Thanks for this site and your help. Now to find a knot book. Lol.

Oh yeah, got my first buck this season, 114lbs deer that I’m very proud of. My English bulldog was into this dude. Haha

Welcome man! I’m just north of dallas. Crossing my fingers to eventually get drawn for Haggerman. Same thing with the golden ticket there, although they will also give you one for 2 adult hogs. (Assuming they are good vitals shots)

I look forward to seeing some more kill pictures from Texas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome man! I’m just north of dallas. Crossing my fingers to eventually get drawn for Haggerman. Same thing with the golden ticket there, although they will also give you one for 2 adult hogs. (Assuming they are good vitals shots)

I look forward to seeing some more kill pictures from Texas!

Thanks IKemanTx, Im Mauidiver on TBH

Welcome! I live in Longview, TX. Public land is free range over here. Wish we had more tight draw system.

Welcome! I live in Longview, TX. Public land is free range over here. Wish we had more tight draw system.

Free range? Dang!! At Lake Georgetown they only allow 100 hunters around the lake hunting boarder. Not a bad gig at all. Not huge deer, but enough for some meat in the freezer and 20 minutes from home. Best $75 bucks spent ever.

Free range? Dang!! At Lake Georgetown they only allow 100 hunters around the lake hunting boarder. Not a bad gig at all. Not huge deer, but enough for some meat in the freezer and 20 minutes from home. Best $75 bucks spent ever.

I’ve got permits for a lake that close to the house, but they won’t open up deer hunting on it. Pigs only. Only a month or so more and piglets should be everywhere... time for suckling pig!

Back