• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Other hobbies

Root

What are your other hobbies besides hunting?

I'm a gear head by nature so other than hunting and fishing it has to have a motor on it. I've built several off road willys, cjs and wrangler jeeps. I got into the higher hp diesel truck and tractor scene and build motors and standard transmissions for guys on the truck pulling side of competition.

Lately I've been sliding back into the off road world of atvs, jeeps and snowmobiles. Which I have to say hunting wise, if you have an area that has organized snowmobile trails it's a great way to cruise around your area checking terrain that you otherwise don't have permission to see.

Cool post. Besides hunting I love to fish and kayak, camp, hike, photography, videography, guitar and recording/writing music. I also setup and tune several bows a year for a little extra fun money. I stay pretty busy lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fishing, golfing, camping, kayaking, riding rzr, and wakeboarding. Most involves my two little boys with me.

For me, it's motorcycles. On the street with my BMW R1100S or in the woods with my KTM there's nothing I like better. I love racing and following several forms of motorcycle racing. Although I don't race anymore, I did race from 1974 thru 2005.

I also play around with old antique tractors too.

Hunt, masters degree and father of twins. When time permits I like to weave para cord, tinker on hunting gear, sew my own hunting clothes.

Most of all, Family........others,,,Horses, fishing, shooting my bow and this year I will be kayaking through the swamps and watershed lakes for fish and turkeys..... Sorry, it's hard to do the hobby thing with some hunting involved.

Outside of deer, turkeys and ducks I'm not sure I have many hobbies. Bass fish a little. Have season tickets for Mississippi State football and basketball.

Saltwater fly fishing, turkey hunting, coaching little league baseball.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Killing dinner there's always a season open. Lol

Sent from my
Sit drag, Ernie's outdoors linesman belt,
At 20' up

Deer hunting, classic cars, bass fishing, the best, though hanging out of trees !!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Oh yeah, some taxidermy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Most of my free time is spent with my family (my little girl mostly!), but like a lot of you guys most of my other hobbies are outdoor stuff, too - fishing, hiking, camping. I also like to play soccer and brew my own beer.

Probably the most addictive hobby I have besides deer hunting is bowfishing. If you haven't tried it, you should give it a shot - so much fun.

Most of my free time is spent with my family (my little girl mostly!), but like a lot of you guys most of my other hobbies are outdoor stuff, too - fishing, hiking, camping. I also like to play soccer and brew my own beer.

Probably the most addictive hobby I have besides deer hunting is bowfishing. If you haven't tried it, you should give it a shot - so much fun.

Drew what are you bowfishing for in Maine, I do a bit myself.Come on April. Greg

Aviation and being Broke. Seems that one leads to another. I've always had a passion for flying and always regretted not pursuing. So, when my 16yr old daughter started talking about being an airline pilot, I decided to at least give her the opportunity to pursue a dream. Purchased a small plane and jumped in head first. Now with three of us (youngest daughter also fell in love with flying) in flight training all my "squirrel" money has been redirected. One of the best decisions I've made.......

Also anything outdoors when I can find the time.

Aviation and being Broke. Seems that one leads to another. I've always had a passion for flying and always regretted not pursuing. So, when my 16yr old daughter started talking about being an airline pilot, I decided to at least give her the opportunity to pursue a dream. Purchased a small plane and jumped in head first. Now with three of us (youngest daughter also fell in love with flying) in flight training all my "squirrel" money has been redirected. One of the best decisions I've made.......

Also anything outdoors when I can find the time.

It's a great time to look at getting into commercial aviation... there's lots of attrition coming in the legacy airlines due to pilots aging out. Estimates are the large airlines hiring as many pilots in the next 6-8 years as the regionals currently employ total. My wife and I almost made the jump for me to do flight school this year, but just couldn't.

Ice fishing, warm water fishing, trout fishing, turkey hunting (2nd passion next to deer hunting), DIY home maintenance and repair lol, 3D archery, bow maintenance and tuning, cooking, spending gobs of time with my two beautiful children and amazing wife...

I'd like to say design and artwork... but my heart isn't in that stuff as much these days, though I still do a fair amount of freelance. I made a career our of that stuff and I now look to other activities to balance out work and life.

Back