• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Out on a limb platform

BCHunter

Vendor Rep
So this was on Instagram. Looks like there's no way you'll strap it on without a ratchet strap and there are multiple sizes.

51e854aa85a05b62f1978945d856b20f.jpg
148625eaa1ee495ece4badf64d9e1804.jpg
9b0bf9d2360e07116104b357c390b6e6.jpg
d10dcd5c92b7fc5ead412227d2fce991.jpg
f493565be25d78c223bac1fc82e663fe.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

So now we're back to the whole expanded metal thing? Cast beats expanded every day in my experience. Worth the extra weight.
I doubt a platform of the same size would even be lighter. If it was, the ratchet strap is still a no go for me.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

There is no doubt it is lacking in a lot of areas. But, i've seen some less than stellar options for saddle hunting platforms as well. IMO, it is at least a step in the right direction. People are starting to see saddle hunting as an option. It has been quite a while since any production platform has been made.

I still can't wait to see what LW comes out with. I already warned my wife about a reintroduction of the assassin. I don't know that i'll be able to hold myself back if that's the case. haha.

I won't sugar coat my thoughts.....that looks downright awful.
X2 - it needs a flat front to perch on while leaning. I like rounded edges as that is comfortable underfoot, but need surface area across front for two feet. Looks heavy too. Will wait for more information though, more options is a good thing.

X2 - it needs a flat front to perch on while leaning. I like rounded edges as that is comfortable underfoot, but need surface area across front for two feet. Looks heavy too. Will wait for more information though, more options is a good thing.

More options are for sure a good thing. I just can’t see that working very well with the rounded front like you said. It’s too narrow imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After seeing some of the responses here it makes you question why anyone would want to go through the hassle of trying to make a commercial product for saddle hunters. While yes there is an upside to picking apart designs to get the best end product, there are better ways to offer constructive criticism.

I think you all need to remember saddle hunters are a very very small portion of the hunting community and if you ever want that to change it might not be a terrible idea to be a little more receptive to companies starting to reach out with ideas.

Back