• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Over 250 club challenge

always89y

Vendor Rep
SH Member
So, I had an epiphany today...I'm fat. Not your standard "I've put on a few extra pounds and need to hit the sauna" fat, but the "holly crap, I cant see my saddle buckle" fat. So, I've decided that its time to bring it down to my comfort level. I've always been a big boy, and do not have delusions of grandeur. Im comfortable at 220-225. A far cry from my current 270. Thats gotta change. But, I am no longer self motivated enough to just do it. One upon a time I could control my weight like a prize fighter, but I don't have that get up anymore. I work much better under pressure. So, I thought I would reach out to some of you fellas that fit the same bill and see if anyone was up for a weight loss challenge? Heres what im thinking:

1. Honor system. Weigh now and then again in June, 2020.
2. Most pounds lost at the end wins
3. Sign up here with an "im in" and the challenge starts 1 January 2020.

For motivation, I will throw in one of my "super ninja homemade so use at your own risk single stickin madness" sticks. Its a modified 20'" Hark Helium with cam cleat and amsteel with aluminium platform welded on the top for the person that looses the most weight. Ive been using mine for the last 2 months and it holds just fine under my girth. Looks like the one below, only new and not wrapped. Ill even add the aider. If anyone else wants to throw gear into the pot, have at it!

Attachments

• 1stick.jpg
    1stick.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:
Good luck, I'd join you but I started the journey the fall of 2018. When season started I was a bit over 250 (6 ft tall) . By the end of the season I managed to cut my weight to 215. I managed to hold myself at 220 most all year and coming back from 2019 camp I was down to 205. I haven't been under 200 since i was in high school. I must admit I think I'm a little too light right now, I'm tired all the time, and would prefer to be in the 210-215 range. However, my knees feel better and its easier to get around in the woods.

My trick was basically to quit lunches (really only one meal a day since breakfast is a cup of coffee) and to limit my intake of "white stuff" (bread, rice, pasta, etc) and no soda. I can't call it Keto since I still eat pasta a couple of night a week and can't quite give up my beer. :) If I do need a snack its only a small portion peanuts or cashews and instead of soda I drink water or juice (orange or tomato).

Good luck, I'd join you but I started the journey the fall of 2018. When season started I was a bit over 250 (6 ft tall) . By the end of the season I managed to cut my weight to 215. I managed to hold myself at 220 most all year and coming back from 2019 camp I was down to 205. I haven't been under 200 since i was in high school. I must admit I think I'm a little too light right now, I'm tired all the time, and would prefer to be in the 210-215 range. However, my knees feel better and its easier to get around in the woods.

My trick was basically to quit lunches (really only one meal a day since breakfast is a cup of coffee) and to limit my intake of "white stuff" (bread, rice, pasta, etc) and no soda. I can't call it Keto since I still eat pasta a couple of night a week and can't quite give up my beer. :) If I do need a snack its only a small portion peanuts or cashews and instead of soda I drink water or juice (orange or tomato).
Good tips! Thanks!

I'm in too! Not sure I have a whole lot to lose, but I'd like to see my toes again without leaning over.

@always89y thanks for starting this. I know yall will help get me on track. Heck, yall already provide the motivation one needs to open their my wallet when the latest do-dad hits the market. ;)

Last edited:
I'm in too! Not sure I have a whole lot to lose, but I'd like to see my toes again without leaning over.

@always89y thanks for staring this. I know yall will help get me on track. Heck, yall already provide the motivation one needs to open their my wallet when the latest do-dad hits the market. ;)
I hear you! I just want to be able to tell if im a sitter or a leaner when the question comes up! Currently, my mid section doesn't allow a distinction.

I did the same, I went Keto and lost 70 lbs. Cheating a little now and gained 20, going to loose that 20 come the first of the year.
I do the OMAD diet also.

I’m in! I need a little boost..... I was on a great run for 2 years doing CrossFit & eating well. Then took a new job & ended up working 70hr weeks & I was much less diligent! No excuses, my schedule has evened out & I’m ready to roll....

I’m in! I need a little boost..... I was on a great run for 2 years doing CrossFit & eating well. Then took a new job & ended up working 70hr weeks & I was much less diligent! No excuses, my schedule has evened out & I’m ready to roll....
Yep. Work changes for me as well. Went from being in the field and traveling 5-7 months a year to a management/desk gig for 50+a week. On top of that, I'm pretty sure my metabolism took a hard southern turn when I hit 45!

I’ve knocked off 35 pounds since July (265 down to 230) by quitting carbs. I’m not much for strict diets, or working out for that matter. I’ve basically just quit carbs, and byproduct sugar, but changed nothing else.

it was hard at first but now it’s just second nature.

I’ve knocked off 35 pounds since July (265 down to 230) by quitting carbs. I’m not much for strict diets, or working out for that matter. I’ve basically just quit carbs, and byproduct sugar, but changed nothing else.

it was hard at first but now it’s just second nature.
I figure that's the route I'll need to go. Hard to sustain a complete carb free diet from what I hear.

Count me In!! I was doing well an got my self down to 248 but I am back to 260. Would love to get back to my high school weight of 215 to 220.

Back