• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Ozone Tote

Tracker15

I saw an article online somewhere and decided it wouldn’t be hard to build my own. I had a sturdy airtight tub I was already using and thought this would be perfect. I load it up with what I’m wearing in the field the day I’m going hunting. I put everything in there from pack, to saddle to boots etc. I can run it at home or hook it up into my inverter in my vehicle and run it on the way to the field.

It costs me $50 or so to make and I rank it up there with one of my most important pieces of equipment. Thought I’d share in case someone else wants to make one.

7a67f19f0ceb508e5d446b07fb22e8af.jpg
ea8708b5a2dd178bd882fba533cd0fb3.jpg
5ed50cb9ba66420c250f7294dd7c73c7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do the same, just without drilling the tote. Be careful, though, clothes RIGHT against the ozone hose get a super high concentration and can lose coloration or get damaged. I love ozone washing, it helps so much in our southern heat.

Monitor your gear periodically. I know First lite and Sitka camo has some issues depending on garment. Specifically the ozone is hard on elastic and some of the fabric glues.

You should also mix your gear with that method. If you dump your gear around the hose, you'll have a very high cocentration near the outlet and very little in other portions of the container.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I've been using that exact same setup for a few years now. It works great!

agreed. That particular ozone generator is one of the best values on the market and the dosing works well for purposes

I’ve been using all last year and have noticed zero change in clothing wear. Ozone does affect non vulcanized rubber, but in most clothing today only vulcanized rubber is used. Ozone gas is heavier than air that is why I have the hose on the top of the tote. You don want to move stuff around so ozone can get to all areas of the gear. I usually just do a 20 Min session before Hunting.

I mounted the unit by its bracket in the back and then used heavy duty Velcro to hold it in place.
88fa58eec39fdf1cd1e9f7e39bc395fe.jpg

47d4be0241fb86cf57814e10908be6f9.jpg

I laminated the different setting and taped to tote
6c39ace7cc80e242c2315bfdccfd3b88.jpg

I cut off screws and then put softsided Velcro over them to assure no clothing would snag
5500ce82100abb385778614ebadf1baf.jpg

Velcro on sides to hold the tubing up and out of the way during travel.
dd1df5483fc4c70cb264cfd2fab4f503.jpg

Velcro on top to sinch coed and hold it to the top of machine and out of the way
f7422f664b431000c164c44fd999bd0e.jpg

The easiest way to ensure good coverage it is to run a cycle on an empty tote and then add your gear. Repeat the cycle. If you take ozone samples with a Draeger tube you'll see good coverage throughout the tote if you preozone.

Pretty cool. I used to use mine in my hunting closet with the clothes hanging my generator broke and I havent replaced it yet

Back