• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Padding the bridge

justsomedude

238BEFBE-71DC-4834-8A83-3945CD57935E.jpeg We aren’t happy unless we are changing something right?

I lean into my bridge a lot and I get bruised/hot spots on my ribs.
I had a pair of YakGrips laying around so I untied one end of the bridge and fed them on (coat inside with amorall) and covered the knots.

Wait...you lean into your bridge? I can't picture that, unless you are rotating for a shot.
I almost never touch my bridge when in my saddle.
Maybe you have a better way to peek around the woods that I'm not considering. I rarely even move in my saddle (just my head, mostly), that is until I get bored/tired/anxious and start to swing around on my tether!!

When I start whistling as I am twirling I know my hunt is over and it is time to pack it all up...

When I am resting, I will lean forward into the bridge and hide behind the tree. Usually I just straddle the tree (don't often have kneepads).

I'm not ready to hang my life on my splices. Knots? Yes.
I might try a webbing bridge. That's what I used on my Sitdrag

Wait...you lean into your bridge? I can't picture that, unless you are rotating for a shot.
Maybe you have a better way to peek around the woods that I'm not considering. I rarely even move in my saddle (just my head, mostly), that is until I get bored/tired/anxious and start to swing around on my tether!!

When I start whistling as I am twirling I know my hunt is over and it is time to pack it all up...

I was filming a buddy while in the web I called out his name and when he turned around I was hanging almost upside down smiling..."man your crazy" was all he could say. Saddle hunting offers so much more than the steel caged Nay Sayers will every know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never have that issue I'm always leaning away from my bridge. Wow, those splices in the Amsteel rope that "I'm There" did look great on that Sit N Drag very clean and smooth!

Roger,

A Spliced Amsteel bridge is a great way to reduce weight and bulk. Plus, it's stronger than the Samson Predator rope. 1/4" Amsteel blue is rated at 8600 lb vs Predators 6000 lb.

The difference is mental. Amsteel appears small and soft while Predator is bigger and looks like traditional climbing rope.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

I forsee that happening to me with the swinging around. I've done two 3-4 1hour+ sits in my sitdrag/rockharness and usually find myself swinging around after an hour. Although the sit I actually did while hunting the other day I was pretty still, it might be because when i'm praticing IM in a tree in my back yard and its usually midnight or so.

Back