• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Pedal power

Adrena123

I have been riding bikes in the state park where i live for 20+ years.Now it's time to utilize 2wheels for hunting the managed deer hunting areas within. This year will be my first time hunting public land and the goal is of course, a mature buck. Should be interesting! I have about 10hrs of scouting done on foot and I'm excited. So i just bought and assembled a$cheap$ fat bike that I will use for access . This bike isn't that bad and with a few upgrades, would be solid. Paint job is nice but this is a hunting bike so a camo paint mod and a rear rack is in order! Anybody else use pedal power for hunting access?

I have been riding bikes in the state park where i live for 20+ years.Now it's time to utilize 2wheels for hunting the managed deer hunting areas within. This year will be my first time hunting public land and the goal is of course, a mature buck. Should be interesting! I have about 10hrs of scouting done on foot and I'm excited. So i just bought and assembled a$cheap$ fat bike that I will use for access . This bike isn't that bad and with a few upgrades, would be solid. Paint job is nice but this is a hunting bike so a camo paint mod and a rear rack is in order! Anybody else use pedal power for hunting access?
I am going to do a lot of hunting this year on bike. There is a huge section of public land swamp by my house. I just finished building an electric fat bike. I haven't had a chance to take it in the woods yet but I'm very excited.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I am going to do a lot of hunting this year on bike. There is a huge section of public land swamp by my house. I just finished building an electric fat bike. I haven't had a chance to take it in the woods yet but I'm very excited.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

We should be able to save a lot of time going to and from. Beat everybody lol

My best friend has two e-bikes one is a Quietkat and the other is a Radrover . He just bought the Radrover and told me he like to sell it to me when ever I am ready to buy it. It has the rack on the back and is hunt ready. He said why have two when he can only ride one. He told me to take my time and he would keep it for me.

I used a bike years ago to access a public land hunting area. I know longer hunt that property. Having a bike will definetly expand your hunting area

Heard that..My public land acreage is small compared to most others i see. I can't go miles away from other hunters because of the size, so i have to figure out where people don't go for whatever reason. Each property will be different. The bike will get me there quickly and the deer are used to bikes zipping thru lol

d284e463fc0cb73273b3d57ebead4b3f.jpg
0584b70d414d5b185c80921dbdad068c.jpg

Pedal power is fun stuff. Well, until it’s up hill. Up hill is no fun............

I've been riding along time . A non fat tire bike will get it done but a fat tire will float over mud and snow very easily. So I figured it would work good in all terrains. It really works well in the snow.

I've been riding along time . A non fat tire bike will get it done but a fat tire will float over mud and snow very easily. So I figured it would work good in all terrains. It really works well in the snow.
I would imagine its like trying to pedal with flat tires compared to a regular mountain bike on a packed trail though? I don't know....never ridden a fat bike. Just trying to understand why a rider prefers an xc bike....not being a bike guy. simply weight?

The radrover has peddle assist which will make it nice going up hill or I can go all electric . It help when you have back and pelvic injuries .

Back