• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Peeps

red2delta

Needing a new peep sight with larger diameter, can't see jack in low light.
What are you guys using?

Been using RAD super deuces for a few years. Think I went from 1/4 down to 5/32? Whatever the case it's smaller. It's anodized and have never had any wear on strings from them. I use a smaller one because i like the peep DIA to kind of match my sight housing on draw so I don't get a lot of excess area around my sight housing. When I was using larger peep i would get a large ring around my sight housing.

I've been using the g5 meta peeps for years now.

Largest I can find. I shot for awhile without one but it helps with the anchor. I can shoot with both eyes open now. I need light more than hair splitting accuracy.

Been using RAD super deuces for a few years. Think I went from 1/4 down to 5/32? Whatever the case it's smaller. It's anodized and have never had any wear on strings from them. I use a smaller one because i like the peep DIA to kind of match my sight housing on draw so I don't get a lot of excess area around my sight housing. When I was using larger peep i would get a large ring around my sight housing.
i can understand that, good thing for me to keep in mind. I dont think i would like that either

i can understand that, good thing for me to keep in mind. I dont think i would like that either

If I had a bigger sight housing I would probably have stayed with a larger peep. I have pretty good eyesight so low light conditions aren't much of a bother. I think my HHA right now is 1 5/8". When (if) I ever get a new one I will probably go with a larger sight housing.

Your eye will naturally center the pin housing. The light gains make it worth it IMO. If I were a western hunter, taking longer shots in a greater light setting, I'd downsize.

I use a smaller one because i like the peep DIA to kind of match my sight housing on draw so I don't get a lot of excess area around my sight housing. When I was using larger peep i would get a large ring around my sight housing.

This is the exact reason I went down from 1/4 to 3/16 and it fits the housing of my site perfect. I am more accurate now without the extra space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check out ClearShot Archery peeps. I have always had trouble with the peep blending into surroundings in low light. I'm partially color blind. I bought a set I could replace the center with to experiment with aperture size and color. Going to a gold colored peep has been made a huge difference for me. The peep is much more visible and I swear my sight picture is clearer. Worth every penny in my opinion.

Forgot to add....the ClearShot Archery peeps came about specifically because of this problem.

If you shoot with one eye closed, try shooting with both open. Ive read this will help the most in low light and basically make you more accurate all around. I dabbled but couldn't stick with it...too set in my ways and didnt trust what I was seeing

I use the blue meta peep also. I found a 5/16 peep, but found it was much bigger then my sight housing. So I went down to 1/4" and it fit perfect to the size of the sight. You might have to try a couple sizes to see what fits best to your setup.

Gotta thank everyone for the insight. Got to try out a few peeps this weekend. I ended up with a 1/4 G5 Meta Peep. I am loving it and so far it really hasnt caused me much twisting troubles. I have always been a firm supporter of peeps with tubing on them because they are much more reliable to keep your peep lined up, but so far so good with the meta peep tho. The larger size helps out tremendously in low light conditions and i am hopeful it will help increase my shooting times this season.

Gotta thank everyone for the insight. Got to try out a few peeps this weekend. I ended up with a 1/4 G5 Meta Peep. I am loving it and so far it really hasnt caused me much twisting troubles. I have always been a firm supporter of peeps with tubing on them because they are much more reliable to keep your peep lined up, but so far so good with the meta peep tho. The larger size helps out tremendously in low light conditions and i am hopeful it will help increase my shooting times this season.

I used to shoot with a tube but since moving to high quality strings I have had no issues with peep rotation with a tubeless peep. I shouldn't say "no" rotation but extremely minimal and only barely discernable. I have a string set made of Brownell Fury and my peep has stayed virtually zero'd since installing them almost 1 year ago. Pretty amazed if i'm being honest. If you would have told me they wouldn't rotate 1 year ago I would have laughed in your face!

Anyway if you are getting rotation you may want to look into replacing/upgrading your strings.

Yea, peep twist is generally a string thing. Installed properly, on a quality string, no issues. That's why you tend to see tubed peeps on RTS bow packages....Lower quality strings.

Back