• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Platform build

Fi5herman

I work in a fab shop that builds custom work trucks so I had all this laying around the shop besides the lone wolf brackets. It is 11x12 and once again I copied all your guys great ideas. It isn't done yet I just started tonight plan is to use a lone wolf strap to can lock it to a tree and give it a camo paint job Screenshot_20161005-202710.png Screenshot_20161005-202707.png Screenshot_20161005-202710.png Screenshot_20161005-202707.png Screenshot_20161005-202703.png

It looks like the only thing holding your platform level is the rope with cam lock? Or does it hit the stick to level out?

Wish I had that stuff laying around at work. We sell purses...

That's a question I have should I add a bolt that hits the vertical post. It seemed like the strap adjusted to the correct level would work to me but you guys are the ones with experience

I think the system really needs that bottom bolt to hit. Otherwise it isn't actually cammed over at all, just strapped up. With varying pressure from you moving, fidgeting, and repositioning... a strap alone could move over time since there is nothing forming it in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have to have a positive stop if you want cam over. I predict lots of twisting action, dont think you will be happy with it. Angle iron is prone to twisting, and both being parallel will make it unstable for sure. Keep tweaking it, each time you strap it to a tree you will learn something and a better solution will evolve.

I will add a stop today and try it after work the sheet is quarter inch aluminum that have almost no flex should be solid but we will see

Definitely add a stop, test it out. If its good after that paint that sucker and get out there. Its pretty cool just to see a different setup and I wish you luck with that. Really cool

I will add a stop today and try it after work the sheet is quarter inch aluminum that have almost no flex should be solid but we will see

The plate isn't the concern, its the angle connecting it to the upright. You might find it works better to shorten them, but I don't think that will solve the problem. Hope Im wrong, but my past experience with angle wasn't positive.

Screenshot_20161010-190414.png Screenshot_20161010-190409.png Screenshot_20161010-190404.png Screenshot_20161010-190351.png Added a stop it's double nutted right now but I will be welding it on. Tested it out and seems solid. I am not really getting the cam lock that you guys are getting it is still solid though. If I moved the pivot hole more to the middle think it would lock into place better? Had to show off my crocs in that one pic

To get the lock over, the platform needs to rotate PAST being perpendicular to the post. What locks it in is the fact that when slightly lower than perpendicular, the rope/strap has to stretch in order for the platform to lift up. This is because the connection points are longest (furthest from the tree) when absolutely perpendicular.

I see you have reduced the length of the 2 angle pieces, moving the platform closer to the main bar. :sunglasses: That's a big improvement Im sure. However if the platform cant rotate up at least 45 deg, I don't think you will get any cam over. Also cannot believe the top V isn't lifting off the post on you, given how low your platform is(bottom 1/3 instead of top 1/3) using a single strap. If your going to keep it single strap, flip the post and seat over so your using the top 1/3. If your going to add a versa button and second strap, leave the seat in the bottom 1/3.

I see you have reduced the length of the 2 angle pieces, moving the platform closer to the main bar. :sunglasses: That's a big improvement Im sure. However if the platform cant rotate up at least 45 deg, I don't think you will get any cam over. Also cannot believe the top V isn't lifting off the post on you, given how low your platform is(bottom 1/3 instead of top 1/3) using a single strap. If your going to keep it single strap, flip the post and seat over so your using the top 1/3. If your going to add a versa button and second strap, leave the seat in the bottom 1/3.

Yeah you were right I had to cut the angle shorter. I will try to flip it tomorrow and see if it works better. Do you guys think that if I used it how it is with one versa button it would work fine? The vertical is only 12 inches so it shouldn't twist to much I don't think

Only you can decided if it works fine. We all have a different definition of solid, you have to determine what's acceptable to you.

ps, I have the same crocks along with a camo pair. lol

Only you can decided if it works fine. We all have a different definition of solid, you have to determine what's acceptable to you.

ps, I have the same crocks along with a camo pair. lol
Tomorrow I will flip it see how it works I will also try the versa button idea I really liked the cam lock idea but may have to scrap it. Also may have to suck it up and but buy a xop seat. A little more tweaking and hopefully I can make this work plan to hunt Wednesday with it

41e3fc300a61567897d31487b3de1d76.jpg

Good point fawnzy. Crocs are perfect for changing in to and out of your hunting clothes at the truck.

Back