• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Platform for this year 2018

Mark Wes

This is my first post here but I have been a long time creeper on this website. I bowhunt pressured whitetail in Southwest PA and read voraciously about bow hunting deer.

I have an old saddle system called a tree suite I bought on Ebay for $75 a few years ago. I am using a Lone Wolf flip seat as my platform from an Alpha LW stand and also I have Cranford steps. I use LW sticks or screw ins on private ground.

I have read posts about a “Ring of Steps” coming out from Cranford but not until October 2018, which is too late for me to try out for this year and I have seen a Predator platform now being sold. Anyone try one of these out?

Anyway I hope to connect with some other diehard bow hunters on here because a lot of my friends hunt, but they use ladder stands or lock ons and my best hard core hunting buddy moved.

I am married with 2 kids so I am planning now for the season to maximize my time in the woods.

I am looking forward to meeting some new passionate bow hunters and learning from you all because I am a novice with Saddle Hunting.

-Mark Wes

Great to have you on board. I hunt in north central Ohio. If it’s worth the drive you are welcome to try out my Kestrel or Mantis (when it arrives). Only a select group of people has actually tried the predator because they have not yet shipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is my first post here but I have been a long time creeper on this website. I bowhunt pressured whitetail in Southwest PA and read voraciously about bow hunting deer.

I have an old saddle system called a tree suite I bought on Ebay for $75 a few years ago. I am using a Lone Wolf flip seat as my platform from an Alpha LW stand and also I have Cranford steps. I use LW sticks or screw ins on private ground.

I have read posts about a “Ring of Steps” coming out from Cranford but not until October 2018, which is too late for me to try out for this year and I have seen a Predator platform now being sold. Anyone try one of these out?

Anyway I hope to connect with some other diehard bow hunters on here because a lot of my friends hunt, but they use ladder stands or lock ons and my best hard core hunting buddy moved.

I am married with 2 kids so I am planning now for the season to maximize my time in the woods.

I am looking forward to meeting some new passionate bow hunters and learning from you all because I am a novice with Saddle Hunting.

-Mark Wes

Welcome. The Predator Platform is just coming out, only the people who field tested it have used it. The rest of us are currently waiting on the first batch to ship.

If you have a few extra hours, grab a 6 pack of your favorite beverage and go read the thread titled "A secret". All of your questions about the Predator Platform, saddle hunting, life in general, and the mythical figure known as @huck72412 will be answered.

Where in southwest PA are you from. I live in MD but, could almost shoot an arrow into Addison PA.

The only commercially available “ring of steps” on a strap are the Bullman Outdoors silent approach steps. The reviews seem to be consistent: great for climbing, so-so as a platform. You will see used Ameristeps pop up here from time to time. They move fast and are typically $25 per step.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Welcome from Sportsman's Paradise! Huck's been called a Spock look alike. We all know he wasn't even human. But he still okay in my book. He's just jealous cuz he didn't pick the username Denots!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Welcome. The Predator Platform is just coming out, only the people who field tested it have used it. The rest of us are currently waiting on the first batch to ship.

If you have a few extra hours, grab a 6 pack of your favorite beverage and go read the thread titled "A secret". All of your questions about the Predator Platform, saddle hunting, life in general, and the mythical figure known as @huck72412 will be answered.

Where in southwest PA are you from. I live in MD but, could almost shoot an arrow into Addison PA.
With all the drama, ups, downs, corn hole discussion...it's goin to take more than a 6er.... welcome and enjoy. Good group of folks here. As much crap as @huck72412 gets, take his advice to heart. He's been doing this a long time and is a humble, honest resource that doesn't get stuck in the technical weeds. Cheers!

Derry-Latrobe area I also hunt Southern Indiana county and the suburban Pittsburgh area
I grew up in Beaver Falls and am currently living in Minnesota. My wife and I are looking to move back when the situation presents itself. My favorite area of the country. Let me know any questions you may have from one Steeler fan to another!!

Derry-Latrobe area I also hunt Southern Indiana county and the suburban Pittsburgh area
Another Pittsburgh saddle Hunter, I'm no longer alone welcome to the family. I'm over by the airport and hunt all over 2b 2a and 2d. Ever want to meet up and try the mantis and predator plaform after I get it haha. I wouldnt mind letting you compare it to your lone wolf set up

Another Pittsburgh saddle Hunter, I'm no longer alone welcome to the family. I'm over by the airport and hunt all over 2b 2a and 2d. Ever want to meet up and try the mantis and predator plaform after I get it haha. I wouldnt mind letting you compare it to your lone wolf set up
I might take you up on that some day. I think I am going to end up ordering a platform from them, it seems to fit my need. Stay in touch on here

Back