• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Playing around in the Sit Drag

Adjust your tether a little lower and try it again. Set it up around your forehead. I bet you $100 it'll be more comfortable.

I have another tether with a ropeman 1 on it but it was in my web. My bridge is 40" including the 1 caribiner. Do you think that I would need to shorten it. With my tether at forehead height my bridge attachment will be tight against the tree.

With that long of a bridge, you could do a little higher tether. At the end of the day, it's about comfort. If you're comfortable, no need to mess with your setup.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

I love the SitDrag. It's the most comfortable saddle I've ever hunted with. The downside is safety. It's not intended to be used above the ground and I've never felt comfortable recommending anyone use it without a rock climbing harness. The harness is the weak link in my opinion.

I love the SitDrag. It's the most comfortable saddle I've ever hunted with. The downside is safety. It's not intended to be used above the ground and I've never felt comfortable recommending anyone use it without a rock climbing harness. The harness is the weak link in my opinion.

I do have one and have only used it on the ground. I too find it comfortable. However, I think it can be reinforced and upgraded to hunt without a harness. Unfortunately, you will/May lose the comfort.

Thanks guys, I have a rock climbing harness on and I feel safe in it. I spliced the amsteel bridge on last week and today cut up a 30' HSS lifeline and made 3 tethers out of it. I'm still experimenting with everything and look forward to hunting from a saddle/web this upcoming season. In a couple of weeks I hope to be practicing out of it with my bow.

g2 and I have talked about this and it is funny. The sit drag is the least comfortable saddle I've ever hunted out of lol.

g2 and I have talked about this and it is funny. The sit drag is the least comfortable saddle I've ever hunted out of lol.
Yes! It shows how personal saddle hunting is. Red and I are pretty similar in size, but he hated the SD and I love it. Very strange.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

Well guys I'm 6' and about 215# and have a lot to figure out especially now that the new Tethrd saddle and platform are coming out. Maybe also be getting rid of some of my other purchases.

Back