• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Predator platform post silencing

pilgrimhunter

I am one of those guys who loves to tinker with gear. Yesterday I was changing a tube on my daughter's bike and I got an idea. Wondered if if I could take a section of tube and slide it over the post on my Predator platform. Started by removing the platform and sliding a section of tube up the post til I got to the "button". I then cut out the sides of the tube where the platform bushings contact the post and reinstalled the platform. Then I removed the upper stand off and slid a section down from the top. Cut out about 1" of material in the front so the tube could slide down past the "button" and overlap the lower section, and rubber cement to glue the 2 halves of the tube together. At the top I left approximately 1.5" of tube above the post. Slit the tube up from each post corner, cut the back flap off, cut the 2 side flaps so when folded down over the post top the met in the middle, glued those down and folded the front flap over those to make a smooth cover and gled as well. Last thing to do is cut out tube as needed to reinstall standoff and I now how a rubber wrapped post.
Also wrapped my strap buckle with a short piece of tube.

Here are some pics.
0b059cff8454592629ac674c64c209da.jpg
d8d851b85e7ed7126bd428708cf9674f.jpg
5e81e208338d863a59a7904d83bd0500.jpg
9598b642fef2ecbc04791916c3c14a14.jpg
79b5d375f2e3513eeea110c8d774d7e4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good deal! I wrapped mine in camo vet tape and it helped a lot too. Yours is definitely a more permanent solution.
74161ee108cd3a5901d4e971a1551b56.jpg

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I am one of those guys who loves to tinker with gear. Yesterday I was changing a tube on my daughter's bike and I got an idea. Wondered if if I could take a section of tube and slide it over the post on my Predator platform. Started by removing the platform and sliding a section of tube up the post til I got to the "button". I then cut out the sides of the tube where the platform bushings contact the post and reinstalled the platform. Then I removed the upper stand off and slid a section down from the top. Cut out about 1" of material in the front so the tube could slide down past the "button" and overlap the lower section, and rubber cement to glue the 2 halves of the tube together. At the top I left approximately 1.5" of tube above the post. Slit the tube up from each post corner, cut the back flap off, cut the 2 side flaps so when folded down over the post top the met in the middle, glued those down and folded the front flap over those to make a smooth cover and gled as well. Last thing to do is cut out tube as needed to reinstall standoff and I now how a rubber wrapped post.
Also wrapped my strap buckle with a short piece of tube.

Here are some pics.
0b059cff8454592629ac674c64c209da.jpg
d8d851b85e7ed7126bd428708cf9674f.jpg
5e81e208338d863a59a7904d83bd0500.jpg
9598b642fef2ecbc04791916c3c14a14.jpg
79b5d375f2e3513eeea110c8d774d7e4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
great idea, will remember this one

Great idea.... just a thought though. I’m an electrician and we regularly use rubber tape that sticks to itself bit doesn’t have sticky tape like chemical on it. By over lapping as you wrap it you could achieve the same thing ... just thought I’d throw that out there

They make heat shrink big enough for this application. You just reminded me I bought some. Have my gen 1 post I’ll try it on first and. If I like it I’ll put on the gen 2 platform
Do you remember what size it was by chance? I know I's like to do this to my Gen 1 as well. Thanks

Great idea.... just a thought though. I’m an electrician and we regularly use rubber tape that sticks to itself bit doesn’t have sticky tape like chemical on it. By over lapping as you wrap it you could achieve the same thing ... just thought I’d throw that out there
Do you have a link to what you're talking about? I use vet wrap tape a lot to avoid the glue, something similar made of rubber could come in handy.

Do you have a link to what you're talking about? I use vet wrap tape a lot to avoid the glue, something similar made of rubber could come in handy.
lizard grips is about the same thing and it comes in camo if that matters, you can get it from amazon. It is made for baseball bat grips

Innovative. I have used bike tubing on strap buckles in the past, works good. I have Stealth Strips on my platform. Never looked back

Back