• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Primal steps...wild edge knock off?

Saw these on amazon. Pretty cheap too. Primal Tree Stands Strap On V-Treestep, 4 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073S9VGYT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_290rBbQGE01DG
aaa912fdafbe460a0af0edefaa555065.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

When I first got into saddle hunting I bought these for $6/step plus shipping before I knew anything about Wild edge. They seem to be made well and work but, I hated the cam buckle strap so I bought a set of wild edge replacement ropes and I am planning on buying a wild edge bag as soon as I find out what is going on with their platform. By the time I factor in the cost of the ropes and the bag I am close to the same price as just buying a set off of WE. Knowing what I know now, I would buy from and support Wildedge.

I also bought some before I knew better. Like GCT said they will work if you replace the rope, but are not as well made as WE steps. The cross bar is lower,the welding and fitting is not on the same quality level of WE. Hind sight and all I would go with Wildedge.

Someone gave a warning within the last couple months of some knockoff steps & that people had difficulty with the seller.

I have no idea if it was this brand of steps or if the person could have renamed them to get around his negative reputation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone gave a warning within the last couple months of some knockoff steps & that people had difficulty with the seller.

I have no idea if it was this brand of steps or if the person could have renamed them to get around his negative reputation.

They're different. The steps you are talking about are "Trophy Tree Steps". I believe that guy sells on ebay. These are made by Primal who also manufactures tree stands.

They're different. The steps you are talking about are "Trophy Tree Steps". I believe that guy sells on ebay. These are made by Primal who also manufactures tree stands.

Thanks

I was gonna do a search later to see if I could find the old post.

I’d still stick with Wild Edge over Primal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve got the Trophy steps and they are fine. I bought them before wildedge was in business. I talked to Jim Stepp first and he said he was done with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’ve got the Trophy steps and they are fine. I bought them before wildedge was in business. I talked to Jim Stepp first and he said he was done with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I also have the Trophy Steps bought prior to Wild Edge and have had no issues with them. Have also bought accessories from Wild Edge and agree with many that they are an excellent company to deal with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bought a set of these off a guy an replaced the straps with amsteel in a few. However, I’m thinking of keeping the straps and cam buckle on at least one in order to made a more permanent/stable version of the wooden platforms a couple of guys around here have been making

I'm really thinking about buying a set of these. I'm cheap, and broke, and in desperate need of a way up the tree this year! Plus the knaider/swaider trick it's too slick, and should still work on these.

How would replacing the strap with the boat buckle strap red squirrel talks about work?

I'm really thinking about buying a set of these. I'm cheap, and broke, and in desperate need of a way up the tree this year! Plus the knaider/swaider trick it's too slick, and should still work on these.

How would replacing the strap with the boat buckle strap red squirrel talks about work?

I'm not sure I would replace it. If your going to have a strap with a buckel, I would just keep the cam buckel. Unless your thinking the boat buckel would get it tight enough without camming the step.

I'm not sure I would replace it. If your going to have a strap with a buckel, I would just keep the cam buckel. Unless your thinking the boat buckel would get it tight enough without camming the step.
That's what i was wondering. I know red hyped the boat buckle for how tight it locked down. But if you think the straps with them will work, saves me some green!

That's what i was wondering. I know red hyped the boat buckle for how tight it locked down. But if you think the straps with them will work, saves me some green!

It's the camming action that locks down the step, the strap/rope is the adjustment to get the right tension. By the time you bought a boat buckel strap for each step it would probably cost more than a set from wild edge.

It's the camming action that locks down the step, the strap/rope is the adjustment to get the right tension. By the time you bought a boat buckel strap for each step it would probably cost more than a set from wild edge.
okay, thanks for the info. I'll give them a go as is. Cheap way into a tree.

I have a set of wild edge stepps but ordered a 4 pack of the Primal steps to try out. Probably use one as my top step to use with the plywood platform since it will be easier to setup with the buckle step. Mine should be in this week.

Back