• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Ring mod on kestrel

Steve

Jul 30, 2017
Is anyone planning to do the Ernie ring mod on the Kestrel and install a ropeman one for an adjustable Bridge?

justsomedude

Sep 10, 2014
Nashville, TN
I decided I didn't need an adjustable bridge once I figured out a good length. For a while I used a short bridge while climbing or rappelling but it isn't needed. Just another piece of clutter

Reactions: Boudreaux

justsomedude

Sep 10, 2014
Nashville, TN
Another thing...carabiner on one side of the bridge makes
It easier to put the saddle on

A Ropeman is GOLD on linesmans belt. Wasted on a bridge....a prusik does fine there if you want to experiment

Reactions: Gettin Closer

quadro

Feb 4, 2016
Gold rings are the best. Will be using it also.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reactions: huck72412

Shane Wink

Apr 4, 2017
Once the kestrel arrives I plan to splice an eye to the right side of the saddle and leave the blakes hitch but swap in one of my ultralight carabiners ( 5k plus lbs life rated with locking gate ) Same for the tree strap. That will clean up the knots, weigh less and not have any metal to metal contact.