• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Rope Climbing-length

Soupy6914

I ordered a new rope for tree access, I plan on cutting it down but not sure how much. It's coming in a 120' hank which is a little over kill. I was thinking 75' or 80'. Was just wondering what lengths you guys are using. By the way I Climb Ddrt right now

I ordered a new rope for tree access, I plan on cutting it down but not sure how much. It's coming in a 120' hank which is a little over kill. I was thinking 75' or 80'. Was just wondering what lengths you guys are using. By the way I Climb Ddrt right now
I would start out with extra, you can always cut some off if you find you don't use it much. I usually have about 45' for climbing SRT. I like having a little extra because it makes it easier for me to get my tag end through the delta link when I'm setting it up.

I have a hard time finding low limbs in my area so I tend to carry about 65' with me. I end up about 25 to 30' up so like Red said it's easier if both ends make it to the ground or close. The yale bandit is pretty light so it's not a big deal to carry the little bit of extra.

Back