• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Rope tether for guidos web?

Bubbz00

Where can I buy a good rope tether for my guidos web. I don't trust myself to build one. I don't like the strap so I just been using a HSS one to practice a bit close to the ground. I like the HSS one but just not sure if it's good enough to be hanging from 20 feet up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I've used the HSS rope a lot. I still used them from time to time. I prefer Bluewater Assault Line. It's a lot more stiff and easier to use IMO.

I think I am gonna build one myself. I guess I gotta learn sometime cuz I'm already seeing that this saddle thing is the only way to go. I checked out animated knots and that part looks pretty simple. What type rope do you guys prefer and which knots do you use?

I would like direction on building a rope tether and a bridge for my Guido's web. I know that are lots of discussions threads about it, but nothing clear and definitive for a complete newbie on what to make.

Thanks

Tim

Is there anything unique for a Guido tether?

Just a few basic knots you should know anyway. From the top end down: Stopper knot (I hang my bow on it), Figure 8 on a bight large enough to pass a carabiner and Ropeman through. Tag end: Stopper knot OR a smaller Figure 8 on a bight to double clip onto your carabiner as a backup.

Yale bandit rope holds knots really well and works GREAT with Ropeman 1, and Blake's hitches or prusik.

You can buy pre made prusik loops. Much tidier than tying your own.

I highly recommend the Ropeman 1. You can also back it up with a prusik. You'll feel safer if you do. I recommend a pear shaped carabiner. Easy to work with gloves. Petzl William is nice.

Yup that's exactly what I did. I'm a newbie as well and it's really easy to make your own stuff

Yup that's exactly what I did. I'm a newbie as well and it's really easy to make your own stuff
Get 11' of Yale Bandit Rope (Static line), A Ropeman 1 ascender, and a large pearshaped carabiner. All of these can be purchased from REI. After you get it in let me know and we can go from there!

Get the app grog knots. Shows how to tie any knot you'll need

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will get stuff ordered this week. I would also like to build a rope bridge for my web, can you help with that also? I will order 20' of the rope in the mean time.

Tim
Tim, if you're not going to use the tree strap from your web just cut the strap off and use the bridge. I did this with mine and it works very well.

Back