• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Sad day for me

essdub

I came home from work feeling kinda sick today. It's been hot and other than the window unit in the bedroom to keep my dog cool, there's no ac in the house or the truck. Since I didn't feel well, I took the dog outside into his favorite fenced in shady spot with his never fill bowl hooked to the hose and a big kiddie pool for him to cool off in while I took a soak in the tub and tried to eat something.
I came outside a little more than a half hour later to find my best friend dead. It was not all that hot today, so I still don't know for sure what happened. I didn't see any snakebite on him so I guess his health issues finally got the better of him. I had to constantly monitor his blood sugar and he had heart issues for a long time.
So, I'm posting this here because I wanna put something out there to commemorate him.
He was worthless in the woods, as a guard dog, never barked or growled at anybody, and basically did nothing except live the easy life.
But he was the most affectionate, friendly, and lovable little pain in the butt I've ever been around.
So thank you for being my best buddy,
CHUNKY.
I'll miss you

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1467158539909.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1467158539909.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 74
  • uploadfromtaptalk1467158607816.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1467158607816.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 74
  • uploadfromtaptalk1467158678622.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1467158678622.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 74
  • uploadfromtaptalk1467158686473.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1467158686473.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 75
  • uploadfromtaptalk1467158733130.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1467158733130.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 75
  • uploadfromtaptalk1467158777412.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1467158777412.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 74
I regret hearing this Dub!!!!! As insignificant as pets can seem sometimes, there have been a handful sneak up and steal my heart. And with each, there has been that inevitable loss. Can't help but love them though. Hang in there.

Oh yeah. These things happen.
But I'm kinda a loner, so here seemed the place where I could post this and have it seem to me that I did something other than pick him up and bury him. I didn't wanna look back and think that I acted as if I didn't care. This way, I can share that I did care about my buddy with someone, even if I never tell anYone in the real world
Thank you guys.
He was a good dog and a great friend

That's terrible buddy my condolences on your loss

What would you do if you knew you could not fail?

Shaun, I'm so sorry to hear that! We all knew Chunky from the photos you've posted! RIP Chunky, and hang in there Shaun! :(

Sorry to hear. Once or twice in a lifetime you'll have one of those dogs and unfortunately they don't live as long as we do. I had one of them dogs for 13 years before I had to put him down. Hang in there.

Yep. I remember that I reluctantly took him in because I hadn't gotten over my previous dog (a border collie/shepherd mix) named Buster who I had for 13 yrs before Chunky. I buried Chunky within a few feet of Buster.
I live alone (sometimes I have chickens, turkeys, rabbits, and been thinking of goats or sheep) and I'm just not sure I'll ever want another dog. I hope I do, because I don't socialize much and the dogs keep me from getting too involved with hunting gardening and reading. They are man's best friend, but it sure ain't fun when the only living creature that you see EVERY day dies. I gUess I need to get out more. But I like my simple life

essdub said:
Yep. I remember that I reluctantly took him in because I hadn't gotten over my previous dog (a border collie/shepherd mix) named Buster who I had for 13 yrs before Chunky. I buried Chunky within a few feet of Buster.
I live alone (sometimes I have chickens, turkeys, rabbits, and been thinking of goats or sheep) and I'm just not sure I'll ever want another dog. I hope I do, because I don't socialize much and the dogs keep me from getting too involved with hunting gardening and reading. They are man's best friend, but it sure ain't fun when the only living creature that you see EVERY day dies. I gUess I need to get out more. But I like my simple life

There is nothing wrong with living the simple life. Everybody is different you know sometimes people need other people around and then sometimes they don't. I think when people look at their pets sometimes thats what they just are to them. For example my brother and law has 3 dogs only because my sister wanted them. He does not neglect them but treats them as they are just there if you know what I mean. My wife and I have our dog Bailey and we look at her as one of our own. We don't have kids at this stage but in a way Bailey is our child. She goes everywhere with me and does everything with me. Time will tell what happens and it does suck when these things happen and your reaction is only a normal human emotion. You may think you need to get out more and that may be the case but its still ground zero and you just need to take the time and mourn. Live the simple life and stay positive. I hope this helps or sheds some light sincerely.

So sorry to hear about this... Great loss!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back