• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Saddle rookie from MD

Bigterp

Staff member
SH Member
Hey Guys, I'm waiting on my kestrel to come in & working on my platform setup. I have 4 LW sticks, want to modify top one to use as platform base. Has anyone tried to put an XOP seat about 4" down from top of stick & attach an extra v bracket/ strap directly behind seat on stick??? Are there any big issues with this plan? Maybe just a step or 2 on either side........

Welcome to the site. It's been done and you're better off with a separate platform. Those who have done it will chime in I'm sure.

It only makes sense if you climb one stick. Even then, it's a bit cumbersome.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm a fellow Terps fan that is waiting on his first saddle also. How far west do you come to hunt? I live and hunt in Garrett County.

I'm a fellow Terps fan that is waiting on his first saddle also. How far west do you come to hunt? I live and hunt in Garrett County.
We just bought a cabin in Grantsville, I turkey hunted savage this spring & saw lots of good deer sign & bumped some deer.

Welcome, this is also my first year with a saddle and I'm loving it so far. I got in early with the kestrel order and already got a few hunts in with it. I'm up in Cecil.

We just bought a cabin in Grantsville, I turkey hunted savage this spring & saw lots of good deer sign & bumped some deer.
Ha. I live I Grantsville, near Keyser Ridge. Its funny that the cabin across the street from me just sold a few weeks ago, my first thought reading your post was that we might be neighbors. I started hunting the State Forest around keyser ridge last year but I grew up hunting potomac state forest as we have a small camp that borders it. There is lots of good hunting in GC. Good luck to you.

Back