• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Safe or Knott ?

bowhunterchuck

Ok guys am I safe ? I really need the adjustable bridge because I don't always use a tree strap. Most of my setups I just loop my bridge over an upside down tree step and may use a tree strap as a backup. Just want to be sure I am safe.
Thanks
b6471ed6120e2174ba4682a9b9b55037.jpg
b88ed675a8a8ca33cbd669f985cb173c.jpg
627ea8aacd18ba28c6ca706640ef2aab.jpg
35986d3f8fc89589fb4faa5e24d944e0.jpg

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I am not sure I would want to be in that set up. I think I would trust a rope hook up more than the screw in step.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I personally would not trust the tree step. John Eberhart does something similar, but I much prefer to wrap around the tree Trunk.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

With a tether backup your good to go. I personally always put my tree step on the opposite side of tree and put my tether over that...tether, not bridge

Last edited:
I really dont see any advantages to NOT using a tree strap tether.
I can think of a few disadvantages however, safety and peace of mimd are at the front of that list.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

but holy **** get some tag on that prussic backup figure 8 knot

weird way you got that prussic.....why do it like that without a loop?

No I cant say that backup tether you have is safe at all the way its tied

The Prussic look alike thing you've got with the stopper knot and the bottom exit. Did you see this somewhere or just something you came up with?
Ive never seen it so just wondering

The Prussic look alike thing you've got with the stopper knot and the bottom exit. Did you see this somewhere or just something you came up with?
Looks like a Blake's hitch but I don't use them enough to tell if it's tied right.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

With a tether backup your good to go. I personally always put my tree step on the opposite side of tree and put my tether over that...tether, not bridge
I like this idea...keeps the strap on place.

Not sure what you mean. I am definitely not up on the different knots. These knots were on the safety straps that I bought from New Tribe and that came with a safety harness.....

Not sure what you mean. The prussic on my safety strap came from New Tribe. The other prussic was from a safety harness.

Not sure what you mean. I am definitely not up on the different knots. These knots were on the safety straps that I bought from New Tribe and that came with a safety harness.....

The knot that is attached to the carabiner in the 3rd pic came from newtribe like that?

The end of the rope coming out of the knot is dangerous....should be 6 inches long to allow for slippage. The way it is, any slippage and that knot is coming undone. (you cant cut tags on figure 8s like you can fishermans)

As far as the Blake hitch or whatever it is, I'm not familiar with it so I cant say one way or the other

Last edited:
Both prussics were already tied like that.

Back