• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Second sit of the season

Weldabeast

SH Member
Was given permission to hunt some urban private land. Went in and scouted this afternoon and set up a tree on some fresh sign. Harvested my very first deer. First kill, first saddle kill, first bow kill. 22yd shot. She ran 20yds and feel over dead. I had the opportunity to take a second doe but was too busy texting my wife about the first deer and missed my shot. Total of 5 deer observed from the tree tonight. The 2nd doe was very curious about the first. She went over to were the 1st doe was down and sniffed around for 20 minutes before moving off. Another doe came in and also went over to sniff her fallen buddy. She hung around 15 minutes before moving on
Stupid phone kept me from scoring a double....
The jet sled work perfect..... Slid over the cypress knees and muddy swamp easily.

IMG_09861.jpg

IMG_20190921_202036.jpg

I'm jealous you get to hunt in shorts. Congrats on all the"firsts"!

Congrats man

Nice job on getting ur first deer!

Not an easy task

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good job!! From now on your whole life will be obbsest with hunting so welcome to the addiction!!!! LOL!!!!

Only took 5 seasons of trying..... I had two deer that i wasn't able to recover in previous seasons, lots of close calls, some missed shots and deflected arrows.....finally came together at last light last night......
Not sure if this will help quell the hunting obsession or excelerate it....
Ready to get back out there and try again.....

Back