• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Showing support for CGM…..

Fl Canopy Stalker

Vendor Rep
SH Member
The saddle hunting community is a small niche that is growing quickly. There are a couple companies that are huge and spend a lot of time and energy on marketing, and there have been some amazing small companies that have popped up over the last year or two. I want to send out a big round of applause for @always89y over at CGM for the testing videos he posted on Facebook. A lot of guys do not realize that standards do not exist for saddles and any testing done at all, are done strictly because the company wants to be sure the consumer is safe. It costs time and money to voluntarily do this testing and even though it’s technically for FAS/FBH not work positioning harnesses, the tests are very strenuous and show why using the right gear, not allowing slack in your system, proper knots, using leg straps ect…. Are all vitally important. As someone who wants to see guys always go home safe, I want to congratulate CGM for doing well in the tests and for going the extra mile. I’m sure the guys on here all know Jerry, but if you’re new and haven’t seen his stuff, head over to
And show them some support.

Not to mention Jerry is one of the best people I’ve ever met, not just in the industry, but he’s just a good man. Proud to call him a friend.
From all accounts and posts I’ve read, you’re right up there with em! It’s great to see the good guys winning in life! Nothing but respect for both of you and looking forward to helping the sport innovate and grow.

Man Tennessee is too far away…….. :sweatsmile: these long distance internet bromances are killing me

seriously though the drop tests aren’t a joke and they aren’t cheap either. Nothing wrong with giving a man a pat on the back for going the extra mile for safety

I agree. I spoke out to the fact that saddles need to have their own particular tests that are saddle oriented. That being said, Jerry brought up a great point! Falling is falling and realistically an overloaded fall that successfully prevents the user from hitting the ground is a better representation of success because in the end, the falls tested are worse than most guys would ever experience in a real world fall!

I agree. I spoke out to the fact that saddles need to have their own particular tests that are saddle oriented. That being said, Jerry brought up a great point! Falling is falling and realistically an overloaded fall that successfully prevents the user from hitting the ground is a better representation of success because in the end, the falls tested are worse than most guys would ever experience in a real world fall!
Yes because we are in essence a bag of jello not a block of steel. Also if we stick to the manufacturer recommendations for appropriate use, our likelihood of falls especially a severe one are very limited. I am not 100% positive that all falls caught would be better than hitting the ground (strictly because excessive force all applied to your back, spleen and hips could leave you disabled or worse.) But I do think any dynamic event less than a 1:1 fall factor with 18” or less fall distance (IN A PROPERLY MADE SADDLE) would not be life altering.
and I believe you’ll be happy to know that saddle specific standards and test methods are on the way THIS YEAR (fingers crossed). I just saw the new test proposals and they are interesting to say the least. I am hoping they keep the linesman loop drop tests but we shall see.

Yes because we are in essence a bag of jello not a block of steel. Also if we stick to the manufacturer recommendations for appropriate use, our likelihood of falls especially a severe one are very limited. I am not 100% positive that all falls caught would be better than hitting the ground (strictly because excessive force all applied to your back, spleen and hips could leave you disabled or worse.) But I do think any dynamic event less than a 1:1 fall factor with 18” or less fall distance (IN A PROPERLY MADE SADDLE) would not be life altering.
and I believe you’ll be happy to know that saddle specific standards and test methods are on the way THIS YEAR (fingers crossed). I just saw the new test proposals and they are interesting to say the least. I am hoping they keep the linesman loop drop tests but we shall see.
always good to learn from another point of view!!! I take far fewer chances with slack after hangin with flcanopystalker-i mean he does this climbing stuff for a living-not just a hobby like most of us. Plan for the worst case scenario, ya never know where Murphy might be

You fellers bout have us tearin up...Wow, this is sure appreciated.
Funny thing is, our safety conscience comes from right here on saddlehunter.com! This is where we got into the death diapers. Still the very best place to get and give input (the current state of some of the knuckleheads comments on our Facebook page attest to that!).

I think one of the most important things that I have learned on this site is that confidence is key. Confidence in your set up and confidence in your ability. Without it, doubt is introduced, mistakes happen and injuries occur. That's why we posted the good and bad of our test experience. If you have doubt in our stuff, we WANT you to find other stuff that give the confidence needed.
Now, anyone know where we can find a dummy with an ass?...yes, I looked behind me...

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

We’ll, not to take anything away from the awesome innovation, products and services of CGM, (and thanks for doing the testing too!) but I’d like to point out that the two guys singing the loudest praises on here are the owners of the “competition”!!! Seriously, I continue to be impressed by the folks on this sight. Quality individuals. Even [mention]Weldabeast [/mention] as he tries his hardest to repress his true feelings…we all know they are in there!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back