• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Silencing New Tribe Evolution...

bubba g

I received mine the other day, and it's awesome. Extreemly comfortable, and i feel very safe in it... my only complaint is that it's loud when walking in it...

Anyone come up with ideas on silencing it...

Im considering having a fleece cover to put over the canvas to stop it from rubbing together....

The material of the saddle will quiet down with use, I was actually just observing that the other day while in the tree because I had that concern when I first got it. If you are looking to quiet the paws and other hardware, I am using flexible cloth bandage material (similar to camo form, see my other thread). Haven't tried this brand yet but it is the next one I'll try: http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/powerflex-4-in-bandage-15-ft-woodland-camo-pack-of-4

+1

I put camoform on the paws. I put inner tubes on the small buckles near the paws. I put tape on the leg strap buckles etc...

Roll up the saddle in alternating directions to soften it up. It definitely gets MUCH better but that's just the nature of that much tough fabric rubbing against you when you walk.

It's the material rubbing together as i walk that's loud... i'll try your suggestions and seer if it helps.... worst case scenario i put it on once i reach the tree since it only takes about 30 seconds to get into...

It's the material rubbing together as i walk that's loud... i'll try your suggestions and seer if it helps.... worst case scenario i put it on once i reach the tree since it only takes about 30 seconds to get into...
It will get better. I have never not worn my saddle into the woods.

Wanted to make sure i posted this... dont want to mislead people... should have done this earlier...

After adjusting the saddle properly, and tighteni g up the leg straps the saddle is much quieter... they were rubbing together because i hadn't adjusted them yet...

Loving the saddle so far...

Back