• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Sitka Setup

Jayo

I have never owned Sitka. With a $1,000 dollar budget would the Stratus Jacket, Fanatic Hoody & Stratus Bibs be a good stetup for mid-to-late season? Hunting temps typically 35 - 40 degrees? I hunt in WI and mid-season it seems most mornings around the 30-35 degree range. I want to make sure the setup is warm enough to handle temps around there (or possibly lower). Any help would be great!

I have never owned Sitka. With a $1,000 dollar budget would the Stratus Jacket, Fanatic Hoody & Stratus Bibs be a good stetup for mid-to-late season? Hunting temps typically 35 - 40 degrees? I hunt in WI and mid-season it seems most mornings around the 30-35 degree range. I want to make sure the setup is warm enough to handle temps around there (or possibly lower). Any help would be great!

For stand hunting (up north, all day sits):

I have 2 Stratus Jackets (elevated forest and elevated II) and Stratus bibs (elevated forest), and a bunch of core heavyweight zip Ts which are about like the Fanatic Hoody. I mention patterns because they relate to old vs new versions of these items.

I'm just ok at 35-40 deg in them, but honestly they don't stand up as temps drop. I find the elevated forest coat a bit warmer than the elevated II, so I generally reach for it first despite my preference for the newer elevated II camo (less blue). I usually keep a Sitka Primaloft vest in my bag to layer and use it often.

I also have a Fanatic Jacket (elevated forest) and it's a better option for 40deg and below, imo.

At 40deg I may run the Stratus bibs and coat, but when temps are climbing a bit to reach 40 and dropping a bit from 40deg in the morning and evening...I more often grab the coat and wear a warmer bib. As the season wears on and it gets colder, I swap in the Fanatic coat. And in the late season, I swap in the Incinerator bib.

The Stratus is less bulky for archery, and I love it when temps afford, but the Fanatic is a better fit for the temps during most of my hunts (NY, PA, OH). I've actually been cold in the Stratus in VA and wanted the Fanatic.

That said, this last year was so temperate, the Stratus bibs got more use than ever. For folks who move about, they are nice kit.

Shop around, you should be able to spend much less than 1k.

For stand hunting (up north, all day sits):

I have 2 Stratus Jackets (elevated forest and elevated II) and Stratus bibs (elevated forest), and a bunch of core heavyweight zip Ts which are about like the Fanatic Hoody. I mention patterns because they relate to old vs new versions of these items.

I'm just ok at 35-40 deg in them, but honestly they don't stand up as temps drop. I find the elevated forest coat a bit warmer than the elevated II, so I generally reach for it first despite my preference for the newer elevated II camo (less blue). I usually keep a Sitka Primaloft vest in my bag to layer and use it often.

I also have a Fanatic Jacket (elevated forest) and it's a better option for 40deg and below, imo.

At 40deg I may run the Stratus bibs and coat, but when temps are climbing a bit to reach 40 and dropping a bit from 40deg in the morning and evening...I more often grab the coat and wear a warmer bib. As the season wears on and it gets colder, I swap in the Fanatic coat. And in the late season, I swap in the Incinerator bib.

The Stratus is less bulky for archery, and I love it when temps afford, but the Fanatic is a better fit for the temps during most of my hunts (NY, PA, OH). I've actually been cold in the Stratus in VA and wanted the Fanatic.

That said, this last year was so temperate, the Stratus bibs got more use than ever. For folks who move about, they are nice kit.

Shop around, you should be able to spend much less than 1k.
Plebe I was just typing up a long winded response to this same question in another thread lol, the distraction of watching the Yankees maybe finally win has me confused a bit possibly lol

1: I don't know if you qualify but look into leoadventures. If you don't, definitely check the classifieds and look around as @Plebe said. Camofire runs some decent deals at times.
2: I agree with him, 35-40 as a high I'm thinking more about the fanatic than the stratus but I consider my walk, wind, etc too. That being said, I run warmer in the legs than my upper body so I could still get away with stratus pants/bibs at that temp with good layers underneath
3: My mid/late season setup is: stratus pant, fanatic bib, celsius midi jacket, stratus jacket, along with various layers underneath. The bibs get the least use but are the bomb when needed. I'd imagine you could get more use out of them where you live. I wear stratus pants from like highs in the mid-upper 50s with no layers to lows in the upper 20s with layers. The midi jacket is great when there's no wind and insanely comfortable. Perfect when things start to get chilly. Stratus is nice when there is wind. When it gets colder and windier, I just wear the stratus over the midi. I think it gets me to about the level of wearing a fanatic just without the great pocket. I've got about $750 into those 4 pieces.

If you're patient you can find them on classifieds, on sale, and FB marketplace and spend less than 1k.

I have a mixture of what you were referring to but to give you an idea; fanatic hoody, stratus bibs, fanatic vest and fanatic jacket.

I haven't used mine extensively yet, but I generally run hot and I'm thinking with proper layering, I'll be good down to about 25 in the treestand. The biggest thing for me is keeping my feet warm. If I can do that I'm golden. With the stratus bibs helping cover my core, both the vest and jacket put an additional layer. I think I'm going to be toasty.

1: I don't know if you qualify but look into leoadventures. If you don't, definitely check the classifieds and look around as @Plebe said. Camofire runs some decent deals at times.
2: I agree with him, 35-40 as a high I'm thinking more about the fanatic than the stratus but I consider my walk, wind, etc too. That being said, I run warmer in the legs than my upper body so I could still get away with stratus pants/bibs at that temp with good layers underneath
3: My mid/late season setup is: stratus pant, fanatic bib, celsius midi jacket, stratus jacket, along with various layers underneath. The bibs get the least use but are the bomb when needed. I'd imagine you could get more use out of them where you live. I wear stratus pants from like highs in the mid-upper 50s with no layers to lows in the upper 20s with layers. The midi jacket is great when there's no wind and insanely comfortable. Perfect when things start to get chilly. Stratus is nice when there is wind. When it gets colder and windier, I just wear the stratus over the midi. I think it gets me to about the level of wearing a fanatic just without the great pocket. I've got about $750 into those 4 pieces.
What kind of discounts does leoadventures run on Sitka? Do you know they typical savings?

What kind of discounts does leoadventures run on Sitka? Do you know they typical savings?

Leo adventure doesn’t do Sitka anymore. If eligible just go straight to Sitka for 40% off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leo adventure doesn’t do Sitka anymore. If eligible just go straight to Sitka for 40% off

It still shows Sitka on their website. Did you try and order recently?

It still shows Sitka on their website. Did you try and order recently?

It’s fact. Trust me. Leo still pimps them but Sitka created their own criteria that doesn’t line up exactly with Leo. If you pay for Leo there is no guarantee that Sitka accepts. Matter of fact they canceled me over a month early after I tried to renew after they change the rules. I’m done with Sitka personally because of thIs but they don’t care

Back