• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

" Sling Jams Micro Traxion, Sending Climber into 30-foot Groundfall"

Horn

SH Member
I just have to post this one. I'm not much for being the safety police, I do sincerely hope we're all safe in our endeavors though. I don't know that the micro traxion is something popular among saddle hunters ( nor slings) but, I can't help but to compare it in my head to ,say a ropeman.

Screenshot_20231206_183011_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Not a ton of info ( the article is short, and doesn't seem to be behind a paywall) just something to consider if you employ a ropegrab type device.

What's scary to me... Is she had the sling wrapped around her neck. If she fell and it caught possibly before that, could she have hung her self? I got something out of it. At times I have put a prussic around my neck. I will think twice about that now.. Thanks @Horn

Not to derail the thread but this is an example of precisely why I use screw gate carabiners over autolockers. I have had several instances where the gate closed on either a piece of clothing or a strap and wasn't fully locked. I only find that when I go to screw the gate closed and it won't screw shut. On an auto locker I'd never know it wasn't fully locked and assume I was good.

Back