• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

So what are you buying after SaddlePalooza

kelly.jayp

This thread was long last year and had a lot of non saddle specific items too. Curious to see what comes out of this year. Me: Versa strap, a saddle from the Tethrd gents with the modest tent, a shotgun to turkey hunt (more inspired to try this out this season), turkey calls, possibly some Geckos or Kikwis if the Buckingham’s I got from @Bucketlist at SP work well for me this offseason, a “thread injector” to make more of my own stuff, a small profile RCH with a LB sewn on with my new thread injector for when I want to use my fleece saddle (still the most comfortable saddle I have used), EZV sight, a second Gen 1 Predator.
For Dan (@GunsightMountain) I know he still loves SRT so expecting to see him go that route

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There’s plenty to think about. Definitely have to place an order with @DanO at some point this off season just haven’t decided how much money I’m going to send him yet. The Jx3 hybrid is pretty neat and there’s just so many options to had accessories. That gear head bow that @ckossuth brought with him was pretty neat as well. @donnieballgame made his srt system look stupid easy. I have a hunt next year that a srt system would be great for. I’m probably ordering some cranford rope steps @T.Clarke if you didn’t trade yours send me a pm. @Nutterbuster had a pretty good tether system he came up with I may look into. I’m not sure on his squirrel hunting skills but the tether was a good idea.

I got motivated to make my own cutom Anderson sling, @Nutterbuster's tether with the cobra buckle and webbing, finding a thinner harness to use with my fleece saddle, and a Tethrd saddle. Same for my friends, but I won't be shocked if one or both end up with a leather Trophyline if they find one.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I got motivated to make my own cutom Anderson sling, @Nutterbuster's tether with the cobra buckle and webbing, finding a thinner harness to use with my fleece saddle, and a Tethrd saddle. Same for my friends, but I won't be shocked if one or both end up with a leather Trophyline if they find one.

If your getting a tethrd saddle I would use it to back up the fleece. Not much of a weight difference and it already has linesmans loops.

I’m going to start with a few lottery tickets and see where it goes from there, lol.
There was so much awesome stuff!

I suppose the first purchase will be a cobra buckle like @Nutterbuster has for his strap tether. That thing is slick!

I’m sure I’ll end up with a few squirrel steps from @DanO , just need to decide how many I can afford without getting in trouble on the homefront.

Lightweight spurs, if I could use them on public land in Michigan no doubt I’d be all over a set of them. They’re on the list but not a priority.

@nutterbuster’s stupid lightweight and packable carbon bolt and hand drill setup. Again with those Michigan public land legal regs, grr. Those steps would be perfect for hunting with my kids. No aiders, custom step spacing, lightweight and takes up no space that I need for snacks and extra gear for the kids. The list goes on.

Definitely another predator platform but I knew that before any palooza activities took place. Ben has basically claimed mine at this point.

Camera equipment, good camera equipment. My research starts now. I really liked what I saw a few guys using as far as size and function goes but I didn’t spend any time talking to anyone about their gear unfortunately.
The plan is to capture experiences with my kids and start a YouTube channel to encourage more people to use saddles with their kids.

Thought the Kestrel was the winner for you?

I already bought the Aero Hunter back band. Trying to find NutterBuster's pack. and really liked that APA Bow / Easy V sight combo

On my mind this year is a new muzzleloader. Had a great muzzleloader season this year but looking to upgrade. I have my eye on the Knight Mountaineer.

I think I’m going to get away from wrapping meat in paper and move towards vacuum sealing so I’m in the market for a vacuum sealer. I’ve looked at a few but haven’t locked in on anything yet. I would definitely be open to suggestions.

This is going to be my first season turkey hunting so I might pick up a few decoys. I picked up some K&H mouth calls on Amazon cheap and I’ve been practicing with those while I’m driving so we’ll see. Everybody I mention it to says they love turkey hunting so I’m getting more and more excited for this season.

As far as saddle hunting goes I’m still on the fence. I’ve always hunted from the ground. Stalked and killed most of my deer on foot. I also come from a backpacking/mountaineering background where guys are cutting toothbrushes in half to save weight. Sometimes I don’t even bring my backpack with me just because I like to be lighter on my feet. That being said I think the saddle concept is phenomenal and I’m excited to see where it goes. I’ve even got a few ideas of my own if I can ever create some time to develop them.

Thanks... but I don't see anything about a cobra buckle in that thread. That's what I was interested in.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks... but I don't see anything about a cobra buckle in that thread. That's what I was interested in.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It's in part 2 of his hunting rig video. It's from the austriaplin website

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190218-191737_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190218-191737_Chrome.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 11
@Nutterbuster had a pretty good tether system he came up with I may look into. I’m not sure on his squirrel hunting skills but the tether was a good idea.

Yeah...no comeback. After this week I'm not sure about my NutterBustin' skills either...

After sitting in a size 2 kite and kestrel, and an xl mantis, I'm trying to decide if a new saddle is in my future. I really liked the size 2 aerohunter stuff. But tbh, I don't have a big problem with my current kestrel.

Already ordered some 8mm rope to use as a linemans. Got to play with some and really liked it.

I was VERY impressed with @DanO's sticks. They were pretty high-speed, low-drag. Loved his take on the versabutton in particular. I think it would work way better with the woven daisychain straps than the API button.

I ordered a Mantis last night after I got home and some versa straps from Carl. A 4 & 5 step aider from cmi are on the way as well....it was an expensive trip home

Got to try spurs for the first time and loved it. So carbon fiber gecko spurs are on my list and Nutter Buster's tether rig and carbon bolt set up. He's got it dialed in!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Jx3, carbon fiber bolts, and definitely some of @DanO Versa buttons. I never thought I would buy Versa buttons but his are legit (as well as every other product he sells). Besides that he's a super cool guy who every saddle Hunter should be glad to do business with if they have a need for any of his products. Same goes for John, the creator of the Jx3.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Back