• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Solutions for issues with Predator Platform

Hawk

So I've been out about 5-6 times with my Predator Platform and I love the weight, size and packability. One issue I have been having that is driving me nuts is it keeps popping/creaking when I'm shifting my weight. I think it is coming from the bolts but I'm not sure. I'm probably around 200lbs with all my gear so I don't think it has anything to do with that. Has anyone else experienced this and if so how did you fix it? I'm thinking maybe some oil or wax may help but didn't want to apply it if it would somehow compromise it's performance. Overall, I really like it but don't want to miss out on the moment of truth due to a squeaking platform.

The noise on mine was coming from the adjustment screw where it hit the platform post. Just put something between the two and your good to go. I use a price of thin heavy duty rubber I read other use a price of webbing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The noise on mine was coming from the adjustment screw where it hit the platform post. Just put something between the two and your good to go. I use a price of thin heavy duty rubber I read other use a price of webbing

I have stealth strips in that area to cut down on noise when folding the platform but it hasn't helped the above issues I noted. Maybe it's not thick enough.

I took mine apart and waxed both sides of the black plastic washers the bolt and the holes put that back together then waxed the adjustment screw I then took a chapstick cap and hot glued it over the bolt that hits the post and last I put a double layer of mole skin felt on Post no noise whatsoever love mine

The head of the bolt could have have cut through the stealth strip. When I was using the xop platform the adjustment bolt cut right through the rubber cap in the end of it on the first sit. Would not hurt using bowstring wax on every contact point. I didn’t not need to on mine though. People using original klemz platform never had a problem with creaking one reason maybe because there’s no adjustment bolt.

I fixed my creaking and popping with the bow string wax trick. Easy fix and its been holding up well. It will probably need redone or resort to a more permanent fix, but the wax is doing the trick.
The black washers are oriented so make note of their position before taking it apart.
I decided on a stick on felt furniture pad on the post where the adjustment screw hits. That was easy it its working well.

Thanks for the replies. Really want to get this noise issue ironed out before my rutcation starts

Is there talk of the manufacturer correcting this? I’m interested in going the saddle route, but I refuse to spend $200 on something that I need to take apart and fix.

Is there talk of the manufacturer correcting this? I’m interested in going the saddle route, but I refuse to spend $200 on something that I need to take apart and fix.
Not that I'm specifically aware of, but if I know these guys they're always trying to improve upon their gear, so the products that they're selling to the public would be no different. The fix was pretty simple though in my opinion. No different than having to fix a squeak on a lock on stand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Its not a deal breaker. Easy fix, cost nothing to fix (maybe pennies) and you will have a quiet, light, piece of gear.
Not buying a great piece of gear because of an easy to correct issue is like cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Ernie is trying to factory silence them, but it's a super easy mod. Some duct tape, some bow wax and you're good. I don't think I've ever bought a single piece of equipment that I haven't done something to it to make it better.

Its not a deal breaker. Easy fix, cost nothing to fix (maybe pennies) and you will have a quiet, light, piece of gear.
Not buying a great piece of gear because of an easy to correct issue is like cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

True dat. It’s a pretty sweet platform and a little lubrication at the contact points is needed. Not a big deal. I’d do it if it wasn’t needed.

Some tools and toys require maintenance. Like a lawn mower. Or your bow. You can always diy

Anyway, I hunted at least 7 days before I heard my first pop. Then the whole sit, it was doing it every time I shifted. I took it apart, which is really easy, it's only 1 bolt for the post. Used bow wax on the washers and outside the post to be safe. Adjusted the adjustment screw. Havent gone in the field yet but I cant make it creak anymore. I was able to make it creak just in my hands before disassembly.

My brother and I both received our Predators early in the game. Mine was really tight, and his was really loose. His hardly pops or hasn't yet. I think mine being so tight making it slightly harder to open made it only a matter of time till it popped.

I just used some camo hockey stick tape to secure a piece of a tongue depressor on the post where the adjustment screw contacts. Worked like a charm. When it wears I'll just replace it.

I just used some camo hockey stick tape to secure a piece of a tongue depressor on the post where the adjustment screw contacts. Worked like a charm. When it wears I'll just replace it.

I forgot to mention in my reply that I did the same thing in addition to wax

Touché. I see everyone’s point of view. My hope would be that the consumer feedback would cause the manufacturer to correct it in good faith. I don’t expect any product to be maintenance free. My hope is that buy the time I can afford a set up, this will be a non-issue.

Touché. I see everyone’s point of view. My hope would be that the consumer feedback would cause the manufacturer to correct it in good faith. I don’t expect any product to be maintenance free. My hope is that buy the time I can afford a set up, this will be a non-issue.

It will be a non issue

You never oil your cams or wax your bowstring....?
I bet you spent a LOT more money on that item.

Edit: apparently I’m late to the game ^^^

Back