• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Someones Getting closer.the cloud from Arsenal

Really intrigued by the knee sling.

Pretty radical design. That is an interesting thought about using a back band in place of knee pads. Anyone tried it?

Really intrigued by the knee sling.
I just ordered one.... I really want to try this.

Pretty radical design. That is an interesting thought about using a back band in place of knee pads. Anyone tried it?
I took my tethrd backband out after seeing this to try it. It has some promise, but my backband is not as wide as the arsenal one. I feel like that width will be the key to the comfort. I'm waiting to hear what people say about it or I might just try and make one.

I took my tethrd backband out after seeing this to try it. It has some promise, but my backband is not as wide as the arsenal one. I feel like that width will be the key to the comfort. I'm waiting to hear what people say about it or I might just try and make one.

I’ll let you know. I did not try with my tethered backband because it is the unpadded version. This one of longer and has some padding. I figured at <$50 it was worth a try. Someone has to be the Guinea pig.

I remember folks were putting straps, rope/webbing, around their legs to get knee relief way back when.

Maybe the concept took off after this thread?

Those straps around your knees work great on smaller trees. Once you set up on a wide tree there's no way to mitigate your knees making contact with the trunk. I tried with a sit drag which is the same concept and tossed out the idea since I hunt a lot of big cottonwoods. I also felt constricted if I had to make a quick move on an animal.

I remember folks were putting straps, rope/webbing, around their legs to get knee relief way back when.

Maybe the concept took off after this thread?

Yes sir, it’s nothing new. Guys were using ropes or straps and also using a couple ROS at knee height on skinny trees….. Pockets built on the saddle aren’t a new concept either. Trophyline was doing that in the 90’s. I’m starting to notice a trend of what’s old is “new again” and I must admit I kind of like it……. Eventually we will come full circle back to the glory days

Yes sir, it’s nothing new. Guys were using ropes or straps and also using a couple ROS at knee height on skinny trees….. Pockets built on the saddle aren’t a new concept either. Trophyline was doing that in the 90’s. I’m starting to notice a trend of what’s old is “new again” and I must admit I kind of like it……. Eventually we will come full circle back to the glory days
I have been using two machine steps from treehopper in each side of the tree just below knee high. This could save a set up step. I will lose the ability to prop my foot in the higher step though.

I have been using two machine steps from treehopper in each side of the tree just below knee high. This could save a set up step. I will lose the ability to prop my foot in the higher step though.
You will also notice a difference when you go to stand up to get around the tree for a shot and your base (legs) can’t just open up. Like everything there are pros and cons to using a strap to assist with knee support.

Yeah... but my trophy line bare was 5 lbs.of unerganomic bulk without waist straps, and with extra straps where you dont need them.this is closer to what people realy want.find à way to secure that bridge for transport and you could take off running without loosing your 2tc gear.like the top G's do.

Last edited:
Yeah... but my trophy line bare was 5 lbs.of unerganomic bulk without waist straps, and with extra straps where you dont need them.this is closer to what people realy want.find à way to secure that bridge for transport and you could take off running without loosing your 2tc gear.like the top G's do.
You’ll get no debate from me. As I’ve said, what’s old is new again. I like it

Back