• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Linemans belt rest knees on a small tree

Ontariofarmer

SH Member
d80d1a99300c4d8be789d1d4194da41f.jpg
447e1122a34ef00ab22b1e6ab5825900.jpg
e27cf75adfa2b5138b3055abcdcec9c6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This setup acts like a guidos whale tail

Did you try just running it across the tree and not wrapping it?
I would worry that you couldn't stand up and lean or do a big turn without adjusting the LB.
Looks like a good plan

Looks like a good idea. Does it at all hinder your ability to move around the tree?

When you push away from the tree it loosens enough that it does not hinder movement.
d5015177872b2ef638def52f9ff8183b.jpg

If you were using a webbing lineman belt instead of rope, do you think it might be possible to ditch the knee pads? Btw, how do you like those Dewalts?

With a rope you need knee pads. With webbing maybe not . I first saw this idea on this site a year ago so it is not new but i like it. I really evens out the pressure with no extra equipment. It make sitting comfortable . I found I had alot less movement in the tree and a lot less hip pinch.

If you were using a webbing lineman belt instead of rope, do you think it might be possible to ditch the knee pads? Btw, how do you like those Dewalts?
The dewalt are good and quiet. I also use sports type knee pads when I use a platform instead of ameristeps. I sit more with steps and lean more with a platform.
I think with ameristeps and the linemans belt at my knees. I may like it better than a platform. IMO

With a rope you need knee pads. With webbing maybe not . I first saw this idea on this site a year ago so it is not new but i like it. I really evens out the pressure with no extra equipment. It make sitting comfortable . I found I had alot less movement in the tree and a lot less hip pinch.

I saw it on here a while ago... I just put the linemans belt across my knees without wrapping it around the tree... works well for me...

I like the wrap around idea. When I use my sit drag I leave my lineman's belt connected to my RC harness around the tree as a safety back up.

I had been wanting to use it for knee support but didn't want to not have the secondary hook up.

This should solve that problem for me.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Back