• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Squeaky quick link

greg728

SH Member
Does anyone know if I can eliminate some or all of the noise when threading my quick link? Even going slow it still can be noisy. I was thinking of greasing the threads but I’m curious if anyone else has any advice.

Does anyone know if I can eliminate some or all of the noise when threading my quick link? Even going slow it still can be noisy. I was thinking of greasing the threads but I’m curious if anyone else has any advice.
I hit my with so WD40 and it worked great. Grease would be hard to keep clean and now inside the rotating part.

I’ve heard of some using beeswax. Also, there may be some concerns about petroleum based products degrading the strength of your ropes if they make contact, so just be aware of that before applying any oily substance.

I use a tiny drip of vegetable oil on threads. May not spook game like petroleum lubes. Who knows…

Back