• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Stealth Stripping Hawk Heliums

red2delta

Finally invested in some Hawk Heliums. Wow, they are legit. Wanting to quiet/camo them. Thinking of stealth strips.

Anybody done this? Do the strips fit?

I have just got some myself. Would like to know this myself planing on doing the versa button mod to them too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Seals72

Same here on the versa button/rope mod

I was using some large, bulky, and heavy sticks from Guide Gear for the last two years. They are every bit of 20 pounds (3 sticks). Switching to the Heliums will make a huge difference this season for me.

I just picked up some as well. I have lone wolf buttons on order. I did already mod with one a button I had laying around and had some rope to test. I think the rope mod is the way to go. As far as stealth strips I heard the guy there if you call him is very easy to work with and has some custom strips designed for the heliums. I was a little disapointed that the total distance between the steps is only 27". Not sure if I am going to cut them down yet. I may just wrap them in some camo form tape for now. One good thing is at full length one will work perfect as a cane ( Im getting old)

@Waymore
I have not even touched mine to a tree yet lol
That is good to know. I may need to give them a call about the strips then to see if i can get strips for the heliums in the new strata pattern. I still wouldn't mind seeing a picture of someone who has done it......

Heliums w/ Rope mod w/ strata strips= awesomeness. Looking forward to it

a cane? How short are you?o_O

I added stealth strips to the front of mine, you will have to cut to fit

@Ontariofarmer

Nice! Thanks!
So i did some measurements and it appears the strips are just slightly longer. Is that the cuts you had to make?

That is literally exactly what I am wanting to do to mine, single aider and all. Nice

I am in process of doing 6 heliums. PITA.

The steps are captured by 2 plastic washers (inside the rail) that did not fit for me after attaching the stealth strips. So had to go to Home Depot and buy some (thinner) stainless washers. These took a little fitting as they didn't fit the supplied bolt.

I would suggest ensuring, after reassembly of everything, that the steps maintain a tight fit in the rail. Torquing those steps too much to the front or back while climbing could really compromise the stength. There is not much material on the steps going around that bolt.

@sureshotscott

I don't think I will be removing the steps. I am hoping to just remove the strap attachment ( where the versa button will go) and slap the strip on the top, and with the extra 1/2 inch or so of width on each side just wrap it around into that slot on the side.

? should work yea?

@sureshotscott

I don't think I will be remove the steps. I am hoping to just remove the strap attachment ( where the versa button will go) and slap the strip on the top, and with the extra 1/2 inch width on each side just wrap it around into that slot on the side.

? should work yea?

I ordered SSs specifically cut for the Heliums. The length was perfect but the width required removing the steps in order to get them into the rail where the steps are. You certainly could trim the width and avoid removing the steps. Now that I think about it, the smartest thing to do would be to cut out notches where the steps attach, then you could avoid removing the steps.

@Waymore
I have not even touched mine to a tree yet lol
That is good to know. I may need to give them a call about the strips then to see if i can get strips for the heliums in the new strata pattern. I still wouldn't mind seeing a picture of someone who has done it......

Heliums w/ Rope mod w/ strata strips= awesomeness. Looking forward to it

a cane? How short are you?o_O

Actually I am 6ft tall. I was kinda of kidding but the stick with the step pointed up it could brace me as I walk if I needed it go under brush I probably will probably attach 2 to my stand and carry one. This way I am not using my bow to help get through brush plus I will have a nice stick to defend me against bears and meth heads LOL

Actually I am 6ft tall. I was kinda of kidding but the stick with the step pointed up it could brace me as I walk if I needed it go under brush I probably will probably attach 2 to my stand and carry one. This way I am not using my bow to help get through brush plus I will have a nice stick to defend me against bears and meth heads LOL
Haha very true!

Back