• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Strap size for Ameristeps

colic

Vendor Rep
Hey what size is the strap for ameristeps. I just won some on eBay and need to buy a ratcheting strap for a platform.
Are they 1"? How long of a strap are you using?

Any straps you guys prefer?

1" width. Try to find an endless ratchet strap without the hooks. It will be manufactured plenty long enough. I was able to cut mine down and still have plenty of length.

Thanks huck.
All the endless ones on amazon are yellow. And if they aren't, the hardware looks cheap.

Maybe a local business will have some nicer ones.

I picked up an endless one for about $7 at my local hardware store. Cut the strap to 7' and voila. After about 4-5 hunts with about 20 hours standing in it I'm more concerned with the strap than the rachet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get the boat OCB buckle that is talked about on here, and reuse one of the factory Ameristep straps. :cool:

I simply went to a boat canvas asked them if they could sew me a 1" strap around the little bar on my ratchet strap. I bought a load barring strap from them and had them triple sew 8" of the strap, its worked great for me. Strap and sewing job cost me $13.

colic said:
redsquirrel said:

redsquirrel you are a pioneer man! We need to start giving you donations for spending so much money to find the right equipment. :lol:

Anyone in the future looking for the thread about the boat buckle, it's here:
http://saddlehunter.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=683

Thanks! I just love hunting out of a saddle and helping others who do too! I am constantly striving to find better ways to hunt!

So I went with the 1.5" from strap works - it's awesome. It prevents the steps from sliding too much when there isn't tension on it. Works awesome - highly recommend

Back