• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Stress

blbloomquist

Heard on the radio today after extensive research and brain monitoring that people who walked in nature were more relaxed, with less stress than people who went for a walk in urban areas. If you're feeling stressed tell your wife you need to head to the woods for a walk. If you happen to have a bow, gun, etc in your hand and end up hanging in a tree it may be protection from bears or something while you're destressing. I don't know how much they spent on research but I could have told them that.

Heard on the radio today after extensive research and brain monitoring that people who walked in nature were more relaxed, with less stress than people who went for a walk in urban areas. If you're feeling stressed tell your wife you need to head to the woods for a walk. If you happen to have a bow, gun, etc in your hand and end up hanging in a tree it may be protection from bears or something while you're destressing. I don't know how much they spent on research but I could have told them that.

It's amazing that anyone is funding these studies. We've already proven that car noises in big cities keep our minds racing after sleep, that artificial lighting keeps us active and up for too many hours, TV, games, phones... accentuate ADD tendencies.

Did we really have to prove the flip side? That if you get back to doing what people are meant to do, that it will create a healthier balance. I think if I told my wife I either need to spend $100 on a massage to relax or go walk in the woods, she would have my boots waiting by the door before I get my truck keys.

Back