• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

The Hunting Public and Tethrd

Great episode!! I watch every one of them and it’s awesome they are using some saddles now!! I always thought a saddle would fit their style better than a stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have Pursuit and the Outdoor Channel. Since finding these guys and a couple of others I don't watch those channels anymore. I used to hunt like that but I didn't have their skill set quite yet when I was their age. These young bucks take me back there.

I have Pursuit and the Outdoor Channel. Since finding these guys and a couple of others I don't watch those channels anymore. I used to hunt like that but I didn't have their skill set quite yet when I was their age. These young bucks take me back there.

I cut the cord a while back and lost Outdoor channel in the process. I don't miss it at all with THP and Midwest Whitetail and all the other YouTube content. With the Youtube app on my Roku I can watch it all on my big screen just like regular tv.

I cut the cord a while back and lost Outdoor channel in the process. I don't miss it at all with THP and Midwest Whitetail and all the other YouTube content. With the Youtube app on my Roku I can watch it all on my big screen just like regular tv.

Holy cow you just turned me on to Midwest Whitetail! I have become almost addicted to Hunting Public, Catman and Hunting Beast. Now I’ve got a brand new one! Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Holy cow you just turned me on to Midwest Whitetail! I have become almost addicted to Hunting Public, Catman and Hunting Beast. Now I’ve got a brand new one! Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Making sure you scroll back in their videos and follow the Chasing November seasons. It's like THP deer tour and very well done. I think there are 3 seasons of it.

The guys are excellent at setting themselves up for encounters. They are terrible shots from what I have seen on the deer tour. Every shot is back or second guessed culminating in a deer expiring in front of them after hours of suffering. Even the last episode, Zach calls questioning a shot he took etc. They need to practice their craft more. No point in even being in the woods if you have to second guess every shot you take. Love the show, lot of useful information, they just need to shoot more.

The guys are excellent at setting themselves up for encounters. They are terrible shots from what I have seen on the deer tour. Every shot is back or second guessed culminating in a deer expiring in front of them after hours of suffering. Even the last episode, Zach calls questioning a shot he took etc. They need to practice their craft more. No point in even being in the woods if you have to second guess every shot you take. Love the show, lot of useful information, they just need to shoot more.
I think you may be overstating the number of bad shots. I believe only Ted’s and Jake’s bucks were a little wonky due to shot angle. Aaron made a good shot in KY. Zach double lunged his buck in NE, it just ran forever. His recent Iowa kill the guys were saying was for sure a good shot. Aaron drilled his MO buck through both front shoulders.

And those are just this season’s shots. Look back at last year and you’ll see they had a good record as well. Not all shows are going to pretend deer only run 20 yards before falling over.

The composition of their videos is amazing. I mostly hunt alone these days but I miss my youth when I hunted out of a camp mostly. The camaraderie is an important aspect of hunting for sure. These guys make me feel like I have a hunting camp again. I know it sounds kinda dorky but I feel like I am right there with them. I read somewhere they are planning to come East next year. Can't wait to see how they fare. Totally different ballgame.

Practicing will definitely make you better at killing archery targets, but in my experience, shooting a target and killing deer can be two completely different things. Guys that bow hunt long enough will eventually make a poor/negligible shot. Unfortunately, it's part of the game.

They all seem like pretty good shots to me. They just show stuff as it happens and sometimes it’s not perfect. I’d say 98% of hunting shows on TV hide all that sort of stuff. At least these guys try to teach about each situation they encounter which is rare in hunting shows these days

I feel like a proud dad reading these posts - most of you may know all the fellas came from Midwest Whitetail and started their channel, THP. I remember sitting in my kitchen with them and they were nervous but dove in head first. Greg said it best - “I would rather make less money and hunt the way I want with equipment I want rather than make slick stuff with sponsors whose products I’d rather not use.”

Zach loves to challenge the “hardened truths” the industry tries to enforce to sell more product. That’s why he loves ghillie hunting.

I’m just having a ball with them and loving learning more with each episode myself.

The slick shows? Gone. TV hunting shows are made to sell product. YouTube shows are made for HUNTERS. And the best part is the camaraderie amongst the guys on the show, as well as others’ YouTube channels.

If you DON’T notice the music but are put in the right mood because of it, then I’m doing MY job for the fellas.

Keep the comments coming!!! I’m passing them along!!!

@jryser the music is great, as is the show! It’s the only show I can stand to watch anymore. After an episode I’m usually in a good mood and ready to hunt. Y’all are a fresh dose of reality for the everyday hunter.

By the way, I’m not sure if the exact title of the song but I think it’s “Warb and Teds excellent Adventure” but I love it!

@jryser the music is great, as is the show! It’s the only show I can stand to watch anymore. After an episode I’m usually in a good mood and ready to hunt. Y’all are a fresh dose of reality for the everyday hunter.

By the way, I’m not sure if the exact title of the song but I think it’s “Warb and Teds excellent Adventure” but I love it!

Thanks!!!! Greg says it’s one of his favs. I purposely sang it to be difficult to understand but here are the lyrics:

Row across Kentucky waters
And feed my chillun full
Fly above Kentucky treetops
Godspeed when u pull

I clearly love Kentucky!!!

The composition of their videos is amazing. I mostly hunt alone these days but I miss my youth when I hunted out of a camp mostly. The camaraderie is an important aspect of hunting for sure. These guys make me feel like I have a hunting camp again. I know it sounds kinda dorky but I feel like I am right there with them. I read somewhere they are planning to come East next year. Can't wait to see how they fare. Totally different ballgame.
I'm with you on the camp aspect. Can't wait to see what they do when they come East. It would be great to see them hunt the Allegheny National Forest. I walked 10 miles and climbed who knows how much in 4 days looking for sign and saw one legal 3 on a side deer. Tough hunting. Loved every minute of it. Now that's a challenge! Trail cameras up all summer proved the bigguns are out there.

Thanks!!!! Greg says it’s one of his favs. I purposely sang it to be difficult to understand but here are the lyrics:

Row across Kentucky waters
And feed my chillun full
Fly above Kentucky treetops
Godspeed when u pull

I clearly love Kentucky!!!

I love it! Obviously I’m pretty partial to KY as well.
Y’all keep up the good work!

Back