• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

They're on to us...

DMTJAGER

Sep 4, 2018
But on a serious note does using the hand climber portion of the stand as a foot platform subject it to excessive forces it was never intended or designed for and not capable of withstanding on a prolonged regular basis without eventually experiencing a failure of some sort?
I can see the seat designed to withstand a endless number of multiple but by necessity of design very brief instances of maximum force as a seat would by it's design parameters in contrast to a platform that is meant to take the maximum force a hunters weight can subject it to for essentially unlimited extended periods of time.

mtsrunner

Sep 10, 2019
But on a serious note does using the hand climber portion of the stand as a foot platform subject it to excessive forces it was never intended or designed for and not capable of withstanding on a prolonged regular basis without eventually experiencing a failure of some sort?
I can see the seat designed to withstand a endless number of multiple but by necessity of design very brief instances of maximum force as a seat would by it's design parameters in contrast to a platform that is meant to take the maximum force a hunters weight can subject it to for essentially unlimited extended periods of time.

I use one to climb and as my platform quite frequently, so I pay attention to all the threads on here about it.

From what I can recall, it seems like most of the guys who have broken them are the ones who ratchet them down in some fashion at height. If it is locked down and then you stand on a corner, you are subjecting it to forces that it would never encounter just sitting on it.

I don’t blame LW for posting the disclaimer. I’m sure they didn’t test it for this. I’m also hoping that they have taken notice and are designing a purpose built climbing platform.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sweats

Apr 17, 2018
From my recollection, even before this disclaimer, the instructions clearly stated that you weren't supposed to stand on it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

dbow0603

Jul 28, 2020
The tree stand companies are either going to capitalize on saddle hunting or die a slow and painful death.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tjraley2