• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Top 3 Badlands Packs to Consider??

Aaronpaul14

Nov 9, 2018
TWITTER
aaronpaul14
I know there are threads all over about best saddle packs but hoping to get a few people to help me narrow it down.

I’m looking to pick up a badlands pack (like the idea of their warranty) with some Christmas $$ and this 50% discount and wondering what 3 I should narrow it down to for my needs.

I have a small sling pack for most of the year and places I hunt but looking for a bigger pack for colder/bad weather and further treks into public.

Would love the ability to hold bow/gun, extra layers, single stick or WE steps, and ability to pack out a deboned deer. Where I hunt the furthest walk in is maybe 1.5 miles.

Some hands on experience would be great! Thanks!

bowhuntr09

SH Member
Jul 28, 2018
Midlothian, VA
The 2200 has a meat shelf and is pretty large. I ordered one last year on a 50% off deal and sold it without ever using it as it was just too big for my liking but it was nice.

Reactions: Aaronpaul14

Redoak47*

Sep 21, 2018
I have the 2200 used it for years, just bought the Vario 33 kit for 50% off, more room for cold weather cloths, it is the new material that is waterproof. My 2200 is 8 years old or more, not waterproof.

sureshotscott

Staff member
SH Member
Jul 18, 2017
SE MI
Here is the Superday which I'm pretty happy with:

platformonpack.jpg

platformonpack2.jpg

platformonpack3.jpg

My only regret with the Superday is I can't fit all my cold-weather sit out in the cold gear cloths in it. So the Sacrifice gets the nod when packing for cold.

KYHunter

Jan 20, 2018
I’ve got the superday and love it. I’m able to pack enough clothes, coffee and snacks for all day sits when it’s below freezing. I have WE steps and a wood primal platform. I can fit all of the gear and clothes (minus my bow) into or onto my pack. I also like the integrated pistol holster. Actually had to use it while hiking out in the dark this year!
A lot of my hunts on public were over 1 mile deep and I was pleased with how comfortable it was

Aaronpaul14

Nov 9, 2018
TWITTER
aaronpaul14
I’ve got the superday and love it. I’m able to pack enough clothes, coffee and snacks for all day sits when it’s below freezing. I have WE steps and a wood primal platform. I can fit all of the gear and clothes (minus my bow) into or onto my pack. I also like the integrated pistol holster. Actually had to use it while hiking out in the dark this year!
A lot of my hunts on public were over 1 mile deep and I was pleased with how comfortable it was

Think it would handle 40# of meat?

Reactions: Lakester

KYRanger

Nov 13, 2019
Louisville, Kentucky
I have had multiple Badlands packs, from fanny packs to day packs. You won’t find a better built pack. You need to determine what capacity you need before you select. I personally only wanted a shoulder strap pack for whitetail hunting. In other words, I don’t like the heavy waist belts. Bulky belts don’t do well in trees for me. As much as I love Badlands packs, I feel they need improvement for whitetail hunting. I find the zippers to be so stiff and noisy, it makes them difficult to use. But they are durable. That may be just me, that’s my take on all the Badlands packs I had (still have but don’t use). I did like the ones that had magnetic closure pockets.

I just noticed on Sureshots photo that Badlands removes the small rain flap or cover that was covering the zippers, so thats a big improvement!

Last edited:

JumpingVampire

Nov 2, 2018
I have the Dash, Super Day and Vario 33 and the vario day pack. Dash is my favorite. My newest addition and go to bag is Kuiu pro's line up. If your only option is to buy Badlands then I would recommend the Vario frame with the day pack since your loading meat and carrying extra layers. Backpack will be for all your small gear and the buttom half of the frame will hold your layers. Vario 33 kit does not have the meat shelf and the 33 kit bag is big. If you have kids to pack out extra gear for them than thats the pack to get. If you purchase just the frame then you get the meat shelf with the light weight bat wing and the 33 kit has the delux bat wing and no meat shelf. For the super day pack, if you decide to stuff meat inside the pack it should handle it. Its gonna be more like, is your body or shoulders gonna handle it.

Reactions: KYRanger

Aaronpaul14

Nov 9, 2018
TWITTER
aaronpaul14
I have the Dash, Super Day and Vario 33 and the vario day pack. Dash is my favorite. My newest addition and go to bag is Kuiu pro's line up. If your only option is to buy Badlands then I would recommend the Vario frame with the day pack since your loading meat and carrying extra layers. Backpack will be for all your small gear and the buttom half of the frame will hold your layers. Vario 33 kit does not have the meat shelf and the 33 kit bag is big. If you have kids to pack out extra gear for them than thats the pack to get. If you purchase just the frame then you get the meat shelf with the light weight bat wing and the 33 kit has the delux bat wing and no meat shelf. For the super day pack, if you decide to stuff meat inside the pack it should handle it. Its gonna be more like, is your body or shoulders gonna handle it.

Thanks that’s some good info. I’m not completely sold on Badlands but have eyed them for a while and like their warranty. Figure with discount etc right now it would be the time to try it out. I guess I would be open to some other brands as well. But more options there than saddles lol.

gameflogger

SH Member
Dec 2, 2014
Texas
Thanks that’s some good info. I’m not completely sold on Badlands but have eyed them for a while and like their warranty. Figure with discount etc right now it would be the time to try it out. I guess I would be open to some other brands as well. But more options there than saddles lol.
It is hard to beat a warranty that says” Abuse it so that we can figure out how to make it better, oh yeah by the way we dont care if you bought it from a garage sale second hand it still has a lifetime warranty”. In my opinion a tool is only as good as its warranty. I will continue to purchase badlands packs as long as they continue to back up their product with that kind of guarantee. I have reached out to their customer support for spare buckles and they would not even accept payment, even though their product did not fail. Excellent customer support. Loyal customer for life!!

Aaronpaul14

Nov 9, 2018
TWITTER
aaronpaul14
Anyone have anymore info on the new Creed? Doesn’t seem to mention weight or CI and no reviews out there yet.

Reactions: Jason Radisson

coalblax

Jul 10, 2019
I have had multiple Badlands packs, from fanny packs to day packs. You won’t find a better built pack. You need to determine what capacity you need before you select. I personally only wanted a shoulder strap pack for whitetail hunting. In other words, I don’t like the heavy waist belts. Bulky belts don’t do well in trees for me. As much as I love Badlands packs, I feel they need improvement for whitetail hunting. I find the zippers to be so stiff and noisy, it makes them difficult to use. But they are durable. That may be just me, that’s my take on all the Badlands packs I had (still have but don’t use). I did like the ones that had magnetic closure pockets.

I just noticed on Sureshots photo that Badlands removes the small rain flap or cover that was covering the zippers, so thats a big improvement!

This is my experience exactly. While they are very durable. Those zippers and the overall stiffness of the packs make me want to pick up a different one every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: KYRanger

DB4x4

Jul 25, 2018
I also like the integrated pistol holster. Actually had to use it while hiking out in the dark this year!

Not to derail the thread or anything, but I would like to hear more about this, haha...