• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Transporting Climb Paws

MCDM

Vendor Rep
So I just got my climb paws and I can't say how much I really like them. They are lightweight, blend in to the surroundings, easy to use/set-up, and quiet. However I am concerned on how to transport these when my pack does not fit all of them and my gear. I did not like the wearing across my neck in case I had to draw my bow on a deer prior to getting into stand or my saddle. I bought a separate lightweight bag to store them which on fit 10 of the 12 paws I have and at this point it looks like I will have to attach the other bag to my main bag. What do you guys do? Any suggestions from more experienced would be greatly appreciated.

I use the top paws as my platform with 4 paws one one strap. I typically tie a loop on the non buckle end of the strap, loop the buckle end through that and hang them off the end of my pack. When making my way up the tree on my sticks, I hook them to back/middle of the saddle. With a lone wolf stick on each side and my paws hanging in the middle you would think I would sound like the tin man climbing the tree. As long as you take your time the sticks/paws rarely make contact.

As far as transporting 10-12 paws, I couldn't help. Why the paws over a light weight set of sticks?

UpstateArcher said:
I use the top paws as my platform with 4 paws one one strap. I typically tie a loop on the non buckle end of the strap, loop the buckle end through that and hang them off the end of my pack. When making my way up the tree on my sticks, I hook them to back/middle of the saddle. With a lone wolf stick on each side and my paws hanging in the middle you would think I would sound like the tin man climbing the tree. As long as you take your time the sticks/paws rarely make contact.

As far as transporting 10-12 paws, I couldn't help. Why the paws over a light weight set of sticks?

Good info on an alternative to the strap on ameristeps for a platform. Thanks!

Back