• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tree Saddle Hunter Magazine!!!

I enjoyed the first issue, thought it was a fun thing. I thought the gear sections were laid out well and the stories were fun, reminded me of reading hunting magazines when I was a kid. Some basic stuff but I think that’s to be expected. Only reason I haven’t subscribed is that a 3x5 card didn’t fall out of it to ask me for money but I’ll be on the lookout for issue 2.

Dont be fooled its just a trophyline ad in nice pajamas :wink:
I'll withhold judgement on that until the next couple of issues. It would make sense to profile our sport's main companies over the first several issues. If it was all TL all the time, then no thanks, but as long as they share the love it would be no different than Guns & Ammo or any other niche publication I've read.

Wonder if there will be another issue of this. Was in Bass Pro yesterday and issue 1 is still in the stand. If it’s not a more regular thing there’s a lot more credence to be paid to the folks who said we were paying for an advertisement. I enjoyed the first issue but during the season seems like it would’ve been a prime time to put out tips for hunters.

Wonder if there will be another issue of this. Was in Bass Pro yesterday and issue 1 is still in the stand. If it’s not a more regular thing there’s a lot more credence to be paid to the folks who said we were paying for an advertisement. I enjoyed the first issue but during the season seems like it would’ve been a prime time to put out tips for hunters.
Only tips saddle hunters need is in the saddle hunters support thread. Everything else is trivial.

Too niche of a market for a dedicated rag. I might read it if it was already sitting next to the head but I wouldn’t buy it and dang sure wouldn’t subscribe to it.

What could possibly be in there that isn’t everywhere, including here, for free?

I'll withhold judgement on that until the next couple of issues. It would make sense to profile our sport's main companies over the first several issues. If it was all TL all the time, then no thanks, but as long as they share the love it would be no different than Guns & Ammo or any other niche publication I've read.
I’ve got the magazine it has a lot of articles by tethrd folks too. Eberhart, Greg Godfrey, the editor is Mike Carney of Bowhunter Magazine ~ OSG. Incidentally, Peterson’s Bowhunting is gone in 2024. My subscription bounced over to Bowhunter, which I already subscribed to so it just adds a year onto it. I subscribe because my daughter is a Girl Scout and they have a candy/ magazine fundraiser every November. I’d rather do that than get candy. Sad to see all the periodicals folding and going away. I hope this is successful.

I heard from sources that it will be either bi-annually or annually printed. I was hoping it would be quarterly….

Thanks for the update!!! Hope you’re doing well!!!
I’m doing quite well sir. Thank you for asking. Also if y’all would like to do the whole read it and pass it on to a friend, I have a couple copies of this first issue since we ran a small ad in it. I only need one and I’m willing to mail out the other one as long as that person is willing to continue the love for the next person who may wanna read it

Back