• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tree

lsr1456

What are anybody’s thoughts about lone wolf tree straps on wild edge steps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not worth it. The primal knockoffs have them. That is a lot of cam buckles and the extra weight would start to add up.

It's not worth it. The primal knockoffs have them. That is a lot of cam buckles and the extra weight would start to add up.

I agree with this. I had a set of the Primals with the cam buckles. I messed around with them for one day in the yard before I cut off the cam buckles and ordered wild edge replacement ropes. It was hard to be quiet when getting them out of the bag and putting them on the tree, the buckles would bang on each other and the step.

I used those aluminum summit rapid rails years ago, similar application & found a rope mod necessary because of noise..... weight would start to be an issue w/a bunch of them.

It’s also a big cost cam buckle straps would increase the cost of the step by 40 or 50% also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back