• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Treesuit

Bowhunter41002

I have an older treesuit. It’s been in the basement in an unopened box for decades. I got it out last night and tried to figure it out. Well I can’t…. Anyone know how about his thing attaches to the tree?

Mines newer but I run the strap through the v shaped tubing that goes against the tree.

I have an older treesuit. It’s been in the basement in an unopened box for decades. I got it out last night and tried to figure it out. Well I can’t…. Anyone know how about his thing attaches to the tree?

I'm guessing you are stuck on how to use the OCB from tree hopper?

I have a tree suit as well. I used to use mine all the time. I haven't used it in a few years at this point. There is a waist belt on the fabric section that is used as a linesmans belt when climbing. Basically you put the seat under your butt, the strap with the plastic buckle should be on the left side and the tag end on the other side of your hips. There is a separate strap with a D ring on each end of it that you need to take the tag end through. bring the tag end through the D ring, around the front of the tree, and then through the second D ring. The D ring strap goes on the back side of the tree. Then take the tag end down and through the plastic buckle and adjust it for comfort. It sounds more complicated than it really is. One issue is the potential to drop the D ring strap at hunting height when trying to get it all connected. Below is a few pictures froman old amazon ad that shows it attached to a tree. Hopefully this helps. It really can be comfortable when set up right. I always used mine in a tree where I could straddle the trunk and let the hard seat go against the tree and not my knees.

CHeck out this thread for setup

I have the original pamphlet that came with it digital somewhere...let me look around. I miss mine, it was a great setup.

I just recently joined on here and on the FB ground SH Nation to see if there's anyone else out there still using a Treesuit like I do. I've been using mine consistently for about 20yrs now and still love it, have taken many animals from it including most recently my first bear this month. I still love how comfortable and simple it is. I'm tempted to try a new saddle, but nothing looks as comfortable as the Treesuit honestly. And even though the new stuff is safer in certain ways I'm amazed how many people only hunt their saddles as single point of failure systems with no safety... Even my 20yr old Treesuit has a secondary safety strap that I always use. And after 20 yrs of using it I would never use a system with only one point of failure for sure.

One thing to be aware of is that at some point Treesuit sent out a redesigned D ring strap with doubled material, the original one had exposed stitching which could wear over time on the tree bark. It's nothing I would be that worried about using, but just something to be aware of and keep inspecting if you still have the original d-ring strap.

Only one time in 20yr have I ever slightly scared myself with the Treesuit, and that was when I inadvertently threaded the main strap through the wrong part of the buckle when getting set up in the dark. Even so it held until I noticed it in daylight, and had it not I still had the secondary safety strap on.

Pretty simple and comfortable piece of gear.... The flat hard seat is fine for all day sits, peeing out of, keeping things in your pockets, etc.PXL_20220926_230115271.MP.jpg

The original Treesuit used ropes to secure it to the tree. Later one's used webbing instead of the ropes. The attachment method was totally different with the rope versus the straps. I think I have a VHS tape somewhere showing the correct attachment method for the ropes.

Back