• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Triathlon?

ImThere

Anyone do any triathlon’s on here? I really want to try a sprint triathlon. I really don’t have a quality bike for a long ride. I’m planning on trying one before the end of this year. Any advise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone do any triathlon’s on here? I really want to try a sprint triathlon. I really don’t have a quality bike for a long ride. I’m planning on trying one before the end of this year. Any advise?

When I did a sprint in college, I didn't practice swimming at all since it was such a short segment but it really caught me off guard. I was in decent running and cycling shape but was really gassed after the swim.

I did mine with a borrowed 18 speed mountain bike with aero bars. Wasn't out there to win, but enjoyed it. Prior to the race most of my training was on the bike since it was a huge component of the race, both in distance and overall time distribution. I had downloaded a sample beginner/ intermediate race prep program for the 1.5-2 months prior.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I can only imagine. I’m riding and running now. I plan on joining the rec center so I can swim 400 yds, transition to the bike ride 6 miles and come back to the rec center and run 3 miles on the tread mill. That’s my plan anyway.

I've done a couple sprints but it's been over 5 years ago now. As mentioned above, the swim is killer. After that the rest is easy.

I always feel like a drowned gorilla in the water.

I have switched over to obstacle races and find them to be a lot more fun. Swimming is pretty rare in those races. Although the Killington beast has a nasty swim.....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I am part fish but haven’t swam seriously since high school. I feel I can get in shape for that. I’m looking forward to the low impact parts. The swim and the ride and hoping my knees will hold up for the run.

Back