• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Trophyline/Trophyline Ambush?

polekat

After experimenting with both the New Tribe Evo and Trophyline Neoprene saddles, it became clear that for me, the Trophyline would be more comfortable and suitable. I figured it would be good to have a backup, so in looking around I came across the saddle for sale on AT that rcordrey uncovered for sale deep in a thread over there. The guy called it an "Ambush" model. Is there a distinction between models that a newbie like me should know about?

ambush has the mesh seat, the lightest of them all.. i personally found it to be "slippery" and continually had to stand up to readjust. sounds like you are familiar with the neoprene. the leather is pretty heavy compared to the mesh, but very durable, and i find it to be very comfortable, much better than the mesh with no sliding. just my opinion

I have neoprene and have wanted a mesh but never been able find it in my size. 1 upside I like about my neoprene is though it's heavier It keeps heat in and helps my back stay warmer if my shirt was to untuck from my oants

I prefer my ambush model. It is made out of mesh and it is much lighter than the neoprene model. It does slip a bit depending on what clothing I am wearing so it is not as comfortable as the neoprene version.

I want a ambush strictly for the light weight.

I've seen some say they pack there saddle in cuz it bounces and so forth with pouches full Of things. I hunt a fairly good ways from the truck and all
Day at that so I need my sacrafice pack stuffed with good and clothing. So with that said I'll keep all my bow and saddle needed things in my pouches. I'll put my bow in the pack Scabbard so don't gotta Carry it by hand.

Here is how I wear my
Saddle in:
I'll put it on as you would. Then on my right where my linemans strap is that goes
Around the tree I'll lengthen it outamd bring it around behind Me and across my left shoulder across my chest down to the left side linament hookup then I'll draw the strap up where you can feel the weight go
To your shoulders and not baring down to make the saddle bounce.

With the left over length of the strap I will Throw back over my shoulder or tie it off to itself on a slip knot to keep excess from draggin the ground. I'll them put my pack on cinch it all down and scamper on along to the top of the mtn.

Back