• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Turkey Jealousy

mudminnow

Its less than two weeks until our turkey opener. Recent trail camera shots show we have at least 5, but probably 8 gobblers on our hunting land. My wife started asking if I was seeing any and of course I show her what we are seeing. Then she starts asking questions. “How do you hunt them?” “ can you hunt them mid morning?” “Where do you aim?” “Where are your calls?” “How do you use them?”

The whole time I think she is just being nice and interested. Then she asks when is the opener. I tell her Tuesday the 20th. To which she responds “ great! I can drop the kids off at school and chase turkeys all morning”

Part of me is proud, but the other part is jealous.

Lol that Bc she's ur wife AND inadvertently horning in on ur man time. Here's the cool thing. If she's serious u will have a ball! If she's not you will still have a ball!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha, I am blessed to have a wife that has had a shotgun and fly rod longer than I have. She wants to go solo while I’m at work hence the jealousy. She jokes that she is a widow during deer and duck season, now it seems that I will be a widower during turkey/spring hatches(trout) this time of year

There are worse things in life than having a wife that hunts and fishes.

Such as: a wife that kills a bigger buck than you each year. I have a friend whose wife constantly out does him each fall deer hunting.

Last edited:
Big joe, she is very intrigued with bowhunting and I wouldn’t be surprised if she picks it up soon

My son's wife hunts and fishes. I told him when they dated in high school that she was a keeper. He's big into bowhunting like me she loves gun hunting but she does hunt sometimes with a crossbow . So they are making it work.

Back