• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Two stick climbing methods.

20ftup

Hey guy I’m a little late to the swaider knaider climbing methods. I’m trying to envision the most efficient way to climb using only two diy double step sticks. I’m not sure if using the knaider with swaider is worth it for the first and second stick or just webbing aiders. then use one stick method to hit a height of 18.5ft so I can step up to my platform to be at 20ft. I’m 6’1” so I can stretch out the stick spacing. I’m looking for some input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d go knaider and swaider all the way. They work perfect on my DIY sticks and it’s so much easier than searching for aider loops with your foot

I’d go knaider and swaider all the way. They work perfect on my DIY sticks and it’s so much easier than searching for aider loops with your foot

I’m thinking it should put me at 15 ft. To the top of my second stick then I could one stick using only the knaider and gain 3.5ft? Not sure never one stick but I seen that’s what Cain was getting. Putting me at 20 to my platform.

I’m thinking it should put me at 15 ft. To the top of my second stick then I could one stick using only the knaider and gain 3.5ft? Not sure never one stick but I seen that’s what Cain was getting. Putting me at 20 to my platform.

You can definitely get about 15' from two sticks. You can certainly try the one stick method after that. I tend to use my sticks when I'm hunting trees that let me stay lower so i'd most likely go from my top stick to my platform leaving a pretty good space in between to gain another 2'. I can set my tether as high as I can reach and use it to help pull myself onto the platform if that makes sense.

You can definitely get about 15' from two sticks. You can certainly try the one stick method after that. I tend to use my sticks when I'm hunting trees that let me stay lower so i'd most likely go from my top stick to my platform leaving a pretty good space in between to gain another 2'. I can set my tether as high as I can reach and use it to help pull myself onto the platform if that makes sense.

If you use the Cain method to pull yourself up you can likely get 4 feet with your tether

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What are you using as your attachment point for the carabiner and knaider hook?

Thanks

@flinginairos When you use sticks are you putting attachment points on each stick for the Sw/Kn?

Thanks

@flinginairos When you use sticks are you putting attachment points on each stick for the Sw/Kn?

Thanks

No. With the way my DIY steps are made I just hook the biner to the step and the knee hook fits perfectly over the opposite step and is rock solid. No issues doing it that way. You can add loops to the sticks made of amsteel and that works pretty good too

No. With the way my DIY steps are made I just hook the biner to the step and the knee hook fits perfectly over the opposite step and is rock solid. No issues doing it that way. You can add loops to the sticks made of amsteel and that works pretty good too

If you do amsteel loops is it best to splice them together?

Back