• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

TX-5

Bearblasting

I’m looking for the contact info for the individual that makes a TX-5 saddles. if someone could send it to me, that would be great. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m curious about this saddle as well. What is the cost? Has anyone done any reviews on them?

I’m curious about this saddle as well. What is the cost? Has anyone done any reviews on them?

Here’s a review... TX5 is the most comfortable, best designed saddle I’ve ever sat in and I’ve owned almost every saddle available...
692b66f1adfb33b009d906e4a12f8609.jpg

Here’s a review... TX5 is the most comfortable, best designed saddle I’ve ever sat in and I’ve owned almost every saddle available...
692b66f1adfb33b009d906e4a12f8609.jpg

Can you elaborate at all?? Describe what you liked about it in comparison to others you’ve owned......

Can you elaborate at all?? Describe what you liked about it in comparison to others you’ve owned......

Yes sorry, TX5 Has many different options as far as saddle go. The one I had Matt make me is a stretchy version with no pleat. There is mil spec elastic sewn inside so when you push back into it it conforms to your shape. I found out that out of all of them the flex was too floppy, the mantis was The most uncomfortable saddle I’ve ever sat in. The phantom is an improvement on the mantis but by no means as comfortable as my TX5. The main difference between all of the other guys and TX5 is the comfort. it is just flat out more comfortable for me. It’s the little things that matter on a custom saddle that is made specific for you and my TX five couldn’t be any better fit or finish.

Yes sorry, TX5 Has many different options as far as saddle go. The one I had Matt make me is a stretchy version with no pleat. There is mil spec elastic sewn inside so when you push back into it it conforms to your shape. I found out that out of all of them the flex was too floppy, the mantis was The most uncomfortable saddle I’ve ever sat in. The phantom is an improvement on the mantis but by no means as comfortable as my TX5. The main difference between all of the other guys and TX5 is the comfort. it is just flat out more comfortable for me. It’s the little things that matter on a custom saddle that is made specific for you and my TX five couldn’t be any better fit or finish.

Sounds like your opinion mirrors mine but I have never tried a TX5

What are all the options available with a custom saddle like the tx5

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
I can tell you I've owned four different saddles in the last two years, and I currently own a TX-5 from Matthew that I will hunt out of this year -- which will be my 5th saddle. Matthew's attention to detail and craftsmanship are best in class, and I highly recommend his work.

I have 2 TX5 saddles. If you are looking for true custom, top notch quality gear, this is it, but understand that it is not a budget saddle (i.e. cheap). I only say that because so many on here focus on the price above the other, more important things. Matthew will not let you down if you decide to get one!

Ill go steal money out of Trumps pocket if I have to! What’s the price on one?

Last edited:
No website how do you even do that? What are the options? Price? Etc...

It’s a new business. The prices vary from style to style... I’ve never seen any real custom business that just has a baseline price that is the same for everyone so if you have something in mind I highly suggest contacting him and getting a price

Back