• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Video

Boomah21

SH Member
Not sure if this has ever been posted but some pretty good stuff in here. Although some may find some of it a bit too extreme might be a few things you can take and try

If it works for him, awesome. No way i'm going through all that. I usually start the season by smoking my clothes and usually half way through I even stop doing that. I play the wind and setup that way the best I can. I kill plenty of deer every year. If I had to do all of that I would quit lol. To each their own!

If you think Jim Ward is bad check out Jim Brauker's routine:

When I started hunting my current property I was getting busted all of the time. The property is long and narrow and bordered by a cliff on one side. The cliff causes the winds to constantly change direction. I started doing research on scent control and watched the two videos above and also some videos by Jake Ehlinger, I use a few things from all of them but, don't go near to the extremes that they do. I have found it has made a huge difference. This year I started topping that with Scent Lok. I haven't been busted (that I know of) in two years now.

Back