• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

WE steps with tape and something to center aider

Mike Nutto

I've been looking but there was a post made on using something under the camo form tape to center your aider clip. I thought it was a good idea and after using an aider on the WE steps Im interested in trying it. If anyone else can find this post please let me know , Ive been searching on here but haven't come across is again.

The one I saw had plastic , maybe epoxide on , but that's a good idea as well with zip ties. I really just wanted to ask how well it worked or not befor I put on the tape.

Here ya go. Works pretty good.....for me.
8e2b3aa9e16a7ba08cace0efb6311d2e.jpg
fb9149ffd3d1294c469126284be52808.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I just used some hockey tape to fashion some bumps on the cross member. I strip off about 18 inches and twist it to make a tacky "rope" to build up the outside edges and then just cover with a flat wrap.

Attachments

• 20180302_191559.jpg
    20180302_191559.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 12
So are you using it as an aider ? Or just trying to show it as another way to attach an aider ? which is pretty cool either way , Ive been using the WE aider just to get use to going up the tree that way.
I posted the original post after other members were looking for ways to quiet down their biners when clipping them to the WE steps or trying to keep the biners from sliding on the bar.

I just used some hockey tape to fashion some bumps on the cross member. I strip off about 18 inches and twist it to make a tacky "rope" to build up the outside edges and then just cover with a flat wrap.
This is what I plan on doing when mine come in, but using a few wraps of electrical tape followed by vet wrap.

I'm using the zip ties wrapped with electrical tape and then covered with vet tape. It's super solid and makes for a quiet hook up.

I use them on White pines, and have no problems. The rougher barked pitch pine, are few and far between up here in MA so I have no idea.

Back