• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Western IL - first try; me likey!!

hairy chinch bug

Hey all!! I modified a tree harness and bought some basic climbing supplies. I logged 2 hrs in a tree after work last week and I have got to say I have a good feeling about this.

It was a practice run and my kidneys were sore the next day, so any suggestions would be great.

I need to work on stealth on the way up; I used steel step sections and made a fair amount of noise. I am sure that stealth comes with quality practice.20181107_163311.jpg

Welcome aboard.

If your kidneys are hurting is the saddle to high on your lower back? It should be cupping your butt when sitting and pressing on your hips/lower back if leaning. You can also attach a strap to your bridge to support your upper back to get some relief.

Welcome from Louisiana. Bigjoe is spot on in his reply above about your discomfort. Read through the threads and don’t be afraid to ask questions. Saddlehunter has a lot of very experienced saddle hunters and tinkers that will answer your questions and guide you in a safe direction. Good hunting and be safe.

Welcome! A couple adjustments you might want to try .looking at your picture I personally would need a shorter bridge and lower tether .x2 on the back band and I like a loop of webbing around my knees so I can “sit”against the tree for a different position

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First, Welcome to the sight hairy chinch bug.

I like a loop of webbing around my knees so I can “sit”against the tree for a different position.

Kevin, the loop of webbing, do you put your legs in the loop then spread your legs and rest the loop against the tree? Does it confine you at all? Any pictures?

Thanks,
Bob

0cd36599c519cd7488517bc7e67f2298.jpg
exactly!

Back