• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

What’s up saddle hunters

Bruce G

Ok so a few months ago a buddy of mine(mbucks27) told me he would be hunting from a saddle this year. Told him good luck with that. Probably had half a dozen reasons why it sounded like a pita when he told me. Then I stumbled apon a podcast that touched on the benefits of saddle hunting. Then another. Then found This forum. It was hopeless. I found myself spending entirely too much time thinking about saddle hunting, reading the wealth of knowledge on this site and feeding off of my buddy. After weighing all my options I ended up buying the mantis and predator and some other goodies. To the guys at tetherednation you owe mbucks27 10% of my purchase Yup I am screwed. I exspect there to be a learning curve. That being said I know the benefits will far outweigh the hours of tinkering and practicing to get myself saddle ready. So now that I got that out of the way. My name is Bruce and I hunt Long Island. Any Long Island guys out there? I’d like to thank everyone on this forum for guiding me down this path. Seriously I thought I was bad you guys take it to a new level. In a good way. In a totally good way. Nice to be amongst like minded gear heads like myself. I think I’ve started this journey at a great time. Seems like saddle hunting is starting to spread its roots and I’m excited to see where it goes. I’d like to thank the guys that put this forum together and I’d like to thank the guys at tetherd nation. I’m psyched to get that package. I’m sure it will feel like an empty box when I pick it up Hoping to contribute and learn and meet some good people along the way.

Nice to see you finally joined! Just remember i will keep putting ideas in your head so you better have your money ready to buy more gear!!! :)

Welcome Bruce, I’m in Middletown ny not too far! Enjoy the journey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the addiction man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome from Sportsman's Paradise! Don't be shocked when you see that box at your front door and pick it up and almost throw it over your head because it is so light! Definitely different from a tree stand box. Don't worry about that learning curve it's really not that bad. There's so many good guys on this site is so much good information it really makes the transition pretty easy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Long giland eh. I know some guys hunting long giland. You got some Monsta's out dere.

Back